Chapter 17

Royal Government Palace
December 12, Thursday

Nikolai was walking side by side with Ota, who was unusually quiet.

"Are you alright, Princess Ota?" he asked. Tumango lang naman si Ota sa kanya.

"Of course."

And then, they were silent again.

Pero maya-maya lang ay nagsalita na naman si Ota. "You're close with tjose four, right?" tanong niya.

Nagtaka naman si Nikolai sa tanong nito. "Who?"

"Those four. Sophia, Vera, Pauline, and Genevieve."

"Well..." Nikolai hesitated, pero wala namang masamang mangyayari kung sasabihin niya. "Kind of. They're closer to each other."

"Ahh..."

They were wrapped in an awkward silence again.

"I want to be friends with them. Can you introduce me?" tanong niya sa prinsipe.

Nanlaki naman ang mata ni Nikolai. "Friends?"

"Yes. Bawal ba? Ayaw nila?"

"No, of course not. Let's go, then."

Ngumiti nang malawak si Ota sa sinabi ng prinsipe. She's excited. She wanted lots of friends. She wanted to get along with everyone.

Maya-maya lang ay nakarating na sila sa laging tambayan ng apat.

There was a picnic mat there, but only three of them were present.

Genevieve was training.

They slowly walked towards them and Nikolai called their attention. "Good afternoon, princesses. This is Princess Ota. She wants to join you," he said.

Hindi sumagot si Vera at Pauline. They were obviously uncomfortable at a new presence.

But Sophia thought otherwise. She gladly welcomed Ota. "Yep, I know her already. Tara, upo ka!"

Mabilis namang umupo si Ota, pero dahil pinagigitnaan ni Vera at Pauline si Sophia, wala siyang ibang choice kung hindi umupo sa tabi ng isa sa kanila.

So she chose to sit beside Pauline who was holding Spike, leaving Nikolai with no choice but to sit beside Vera.

Pauline and Sophia were giving them teasing stares, pero agad nilang tinigil 'yon nang maalalang nandoon nga pala si Ota.

"I thought you're having a date? Why are the two of you here?" tanong ni Vera at saka binigyan si Ota ng isang slice ng cake.

Ota accepted it and then started chatting with them. "I wanted to be friends with you. Sabi kasi ni Beatrice magkakaibigan kayo. I wanted to join."

"Beatrice said that?" tanong ni Sophia. "Bakit naman?"

Pauline already knew the answer, but she's not going to let them know that.

"Hi, fellas," bati sa kanila ni Genevieve na naglalakad palapit sa kanila. The five were forming a circle, and Nikolai quickly stood up to let the warrior sit. "No, I refuse to sit. I need to stand up. My muscles will fall asleep if I relax," pagtanggi nito.

"Are you sure?" tanong ni Nikolai.

Tumango lang si Genevieve. "Yeah, just sit down beside your date," she said.

"Alright." Nikolai said before sitting back down. Mabilis namang kumuha si Vera ng tubig at saka binigay ito kay Genevieve.

"Here," she said. The warrior quickly took the water and started drinking. Sumandal lang siya sa punong malapit sa kanila at saka hinayaan silang mag-usap.