Chapter 9

Royal Government Palace
December 4, Wednesday

Ngayong araw, maaga ring nagising si Pauline. She's looking for more things to steal, and then when she finally gets out of there, she'll be granted one wish.

She's still deciding between two wishes. One—for her to be allowed outside of the Revoltos Kingdom, or two—for her to keep all the jewelries she stole.

That second wish is if she won't be able to hide them from the Magsitrates, but if she manages to hide it 'til the end, then she'll stick with her first wish.

Sadly, they can't really ask for the palace to cater to their daily needs and all. That's going overboard, they say.

Lingid sa kaalaman ni Pauline, habang naglilibot siya sa palasyo at nagnanakaw, ay mayroon palang nakakita sa kanya.

Prince Nikolai who was normally up very early wanted to drink some coffee. It's his way to gain enough energy to push through the day.

But coincidentally, he saw Pauline whom he found suspicious.

Nakita niya ang pagnanakaw nito. But is he going to tell on her? Maybe not.

What good would that do anyways? It's not as if the things she was stealing were expensive.

Mabilis na lumipas ang oras, at hindi nila namalayang oras na pala para sa kanilang agahan.

The nobles have arrived already, and so have the warriors who were still kind of sweaty due to the morning exercise.

And when the Lovelies entered, they quickly checked their arrangement for the day.

Wednesday:

Table #1
❧Sophia
ҨVera
₰Pauline
≽Genevieve

Table #2
❧Beatrice
ҨCressida
₰Tatiana
≽Alexandra

Table #3
❧Ota
ҨLucienne
₰Diana
≽Natalia

Table #4
❧Fiona
ҨHelena
₰Margaret
≽Jasmine

Table #5
❧Kate
ҨRegan
₰Isabella
≽Eugenie

Unlike the usual, they were all fairly quiet. Gaya nga ng pinangako ng Lovelies sa sarili nila, hindi na nila sinubukang istorbohin ang iba.

They were all worn out. Only the Lovelies were relaxed. The nobles, warriors, and rebels, are under constant stress. They can't let a day pass by without doing anything. The nobles have to be uptight at all times, the warriors have to exhaust themselves to improve every single day, and the rebels need to find the thing that would evict them, or else they would become queen.

While the Lovelies simply had it easy. They only need to make the Prince interested in them, and maybe fall in love with them. Which of course is the exact opposite of what Sophia planned to do.

Which makes things easier for her.

And that's why she wanted to help the others. She wanted to make things in the palace easier to handle for the other princesses.

Tahimik lang siyang nakaupo habang kumakain. She's really trying her best, preventing herself from chatting with them.

Vera was silent as always. Although she seemed like she's thinking of nothing, she's actually the opposite. At alam 'yon ni Sophia.

Alam ni Sophia na maraming iniisip si Vera. She looked relaxed, but Sophia kind of knew her already.

Paanong hindi niya makikilala ang prinsesa, eh sa tuwing nag-aaral ito, nakikita niya siya? She sees her face contort in utter confusion. She sees her sigh with frustration. She even sees her slam the book on the floor when no one—but her—was looking.