Chapter 10

Royal Government Palace
December 5, Thursday

Genevieve was all alone again early in the morning. Kakagising niya lang, at agad siyang nagtungo sa mini arena para mag-isang mag-training.

It's her daily routine already. In order to catch up to the others, she needed to work extra hard. Not because she was weak, but because the others were significantly stronger.

Pero hindi niya alam, mali ang ginagawa niya. She shouldn't force it. She should ask Killian to guide and monitor her, what she's doing is wearing her strength down. Too much of something is never good.

She was currently doing push-ups in her training gear, and Sophia, the Lovely princess who was up very early as always, was watching her in her pastel pink nightgown.

Hindi niya maitatanggi na nag-aalala siya. Working out in moderation itself is difficult, what more when you're pushing yourself too hard?

She can't really tell on her, baka mapahamak siya. Baka mapagalitan siya dahil sa tingin ni Sophia, isa ito sa mga bagay na hindi dapat tinatago sa Warrior Magistrate.

Genevieve seemed to be really determined, so for now, she'll just keep watch and intervene when she thinks that it's dangerous.

Or maybe she should intervene right now? Prevention is better than cure.

And so, Sophia did as she thought. Mas mabuti na rin 'yon, nang sa gano'n ay hindi siya gaanong nag-aalala. It's also putting a burden on her, knowing that she's aware of this, and she can definitely stop bad things from happening.

Slowly, she walked towards the warrior princess, at bago pa man siya tuluyang makalapit ay mayroon pang isang sumulpot mula sa kawalan.

Princess Pauline. Hindi niya alam kung saan ito nanggaling, pero ano naman kaya ang pakay nito sa kanyang paglapit?

Tumigil na si Genevieve sa ginagawa niya, at hingal na hinarap si Pauline.

"Yes, Princess Pauline?" she asked.

Nakikinig lang si Sophia. Mukhang hindi pa nila siya namamataan. Nauna kasi si Pauline na dumating.

"Nothing. Just wanna watch what's about to happen," sabi nito at saka umupo sa damuhan bago tumingin kay Sophia, kaya naman napatingin din si Genevieve.

The warrior's eyes widened. "Princess Sophia? What are you doing out here so early?" She wouldn't really think much of a rebel being awake this early, but seeing a lovely roaming around in her nightgown, now that's a sight to behold.

It would be a miracle if a noble would actually show up. And right at that moment, a noble really did show up.

"She could ask the same thing to you. Why are you training hard out here early in the morning?" Vera asked. Medyo matapang siya ngayon dahil tulog pa si Florida. Even the servants whom she knew were also spying for the Magistrates were deep in slumber. This is the only time she can act freely, and she'll gladly take that chance.

Nagulat naman si Sophia at Genevieve dahil sa pagsulpot niya.

At the back of Pauline's mind, she was thinking that the sight was interesting and amusing. Mukha siyang ewan doon na nakiki-tsimis, pero wala siyang pakialam.

"Just—I want to improve," sabi ni Genevieve. "What about you two? What are you doing here?"

Vera answered first without even flinching. "I was going to read some more books. It's a very efficient way of learning, studying first thing in the morning."

Sumunod naman na sumagot si Sophia. "I was just bored..."

"That's it?" pagsali ni Pauline sa usapan. "It didn't seem like that. You looked like you were gonna hold a speech in front of this warrior here."

Sophia couldn't help but sigh. "I was going to convince you to stop training all alone. At least ask the Warrior Magistrate to guide you when you're training alone..."

"He wouldn't really allow me to. That's why I'm doing it secretly," sabi ni Genevieve. Yes, she already tried. She tried asking permission, but Killian forbid her. He told her that she should train when needed and rest when he says so.

"You really think this is a secret? Nakita ka na naming tatlo na hindi sinusubukang alamin ang mga ginagawa mo, paano pa yung Warrior Magistrate na nakatuon ang atensyon sa'yo?" asked Vera. And she was right.

Genevieve must've been stupid to think that Killian doesn't know. He's probably testing her. Why didn't I think of this sooner?

"Well, I'll be on my way. I need to study," pagpapaalam ni Vera.

She wasn't the only noble who was awake. Paggising niya kanina ay nag-aaral yung apat sa sari-sarili nilang kama, and she excused herself to study alone.

Hindi siya makakapag-aral doon. It's suffocating.

Si Pauline naman na nadismaya dahil tapos na ang palabas, ay tumayo na rin para umalis.

Naiwan doon si Sophia at Genevieve na tahimik lang, hanggang sa binasag ito ni Genevieve. "Thanks for stopping me, Soph."

Ngumiti naman nang malawak si Sophia. "Anytime, Viv! I'm just here. Always. I'm your friend."

The warrior smiled back and gently ruffled her blonde and curly hair. "Yeah. We're friends."

Maya-maya ay dumating na ang oras para sa kanilang agahan.

And of course, they had different arrangements for the day again.

Thursday:

Table #1
₰Margaret
Sophia
≽Jasmine
ҨVera

Table #2
Pauline
❧Kate
Genevieve
ҨHelena

Table #3
₰Diana
❧Beatrice
≽Eugenie
ҨRegan

Table #4
₰Tatiana
❧Fiona
≽Alexandra
ҨLucienne

Table #5
₰Isabella
❧Ota
≽Natalia
ҨCressida

Ngayong araw, tahimik rin silang kumakain.

Ever since the lovelies talked about the others being tired, they did a decent job of staying quiet. Napansin ito ng mga Magistrate, and it was actually a nice site.

For now, walang nangyayaring masama sa pagitan ng mga prinsesa. They are learning how to adjust and be considerate of the other princesses.

At hinihiling nilang sana'y manatiling ganoon sa loob ng isang buwan.

On one table, Vera was thinking. She was confused, actually. Nagtataka siya kung bakit walang listahan ng kanilang nga table arrangement para sa Friday at Saturday.

They were still waiting for the rebels, and right when they arrived, the Magistrates cut in and called their attention. "So if you all noticed, I didn't create a list for Fridays and Saturdays. I will tell you why."

Nang makumpirma ni Florida na nakikinig na silang lahat sa kanya, ay nagsalita siyang muli. "During Fridays, you will sit with the princesses—from other kingdoms, of course—that you have grown closely attached to. More than the others. And during Satrudays, you will sit according to the rankings for the week. The first placers in table #1, second placers in table #2, and so on."

At that moment, the four who had an unplanned rendezvous early in the morning exchanged glances.

They didn't even know why or when, they just did.

***
Update: MWF