Chapter 20

Royal Government Palace
December 15, Sunday

Sundays really are different. All of them are on their toes, hoping to hear what they want.

Naunang dumating sa hapagkainan sina Vera, at naroon na rin naman si Florida.

"I'll quickly announce this since other princesses are waiting as well," she said. "Princess Lucienne on table five, Princess Diana on table four, Princess Regan on table three, Princess Cressida on table two, and Princess Vera on table  one."

The nobles quickly sat on their assigned tables, and Vera wasn't really happy with hers. First. Second week. If I keep this up, I'll be queen. And if I don't become queen, my family will surely be disappointed. They will treat me worse than they did.

Next up were the warriors. Nang makapasok na sa dining area ang mga warrior ay nagsimula na siyang mag-anunsyo ng kanilang mga pwesto. "Eugenie on the fifth table, Natalia on the fourth, Genevieve on the third, Jasmine on the second, and Alexandra on the first. Be quick on eating and digesting the food."

Genevieve was ecstatic. She moved up two places just on the second week. Resulta siguro nung biglaang test. Since she was enthusastic and really determined, she needed to know everything she needed.

"Okay, prince Nikolai, please announce your rankings," sabi ni Elise. Agad namang tumalima si Nikolai.

"Princess Beatrice on table five," he said while smiling at her. Peke lang na ngumiti sa kanya si Beatrice bago magtungo sa mesa niya. "Princess Kate on table four, Princess Ota on table three, Princess Fiona on table two, and Princess Sophia on table one," sunod-sunod niyang sabi habang nginingitian sila. He's trying his absolute best to not hurt anyone's feelings.

"Okay, you four," pagtawag ni Wade sa apat na rebel. "I'd like to see you guess your ranking."

Nagkatinginan pa ang apat na rebel sa sinabi nito.

They weren't actually going to guess the ranking. Alam 'yon ni Wade. Rebels don't guess and go to where they think they belong, they go to where they want. And that was definitely in last place.

But they were wrong.

Thr four rebels were divided into two groups. Diana and Margaret were both standing beside the last seat on table four (the new last place for rebels), and surprisingly, Pauline and Tatiana were standing beside the seat on table one.

Nakataas ang isang kilay ni Tatiana kay Pauline. "What do you think are you doing?"

Pauline stared blankly at her. "Sitting?"

Tatiana clenched both her jaw and fists as she gritted through her teeth saying, "So you want to be queen now?"

Maya-maya lang ay biglang tumawa si Pauline at binasa ang natutuyo niyang labi na puno ng sugat. "I'm just messing with you," sabi niya at saka umupo sa pangalawang mesa.

Margaret and Diana who stopped to look at the commotion decided to just sit wherever. Dahil nauna nang umupo si Margaret doon, lumipat na lang si Diana sa pangatlo.

Wala namang kaso 'yon. The dreaded seat of the rebels were all the same, the one reserved for the future queen.

Wade was amused at what happened. Hindi niya inasahang ganoon sila kabilis uupo. He didn't even expect two of the rebels to fight over the first table.

Aakalain siguro ng iba na talagang nakikipagbiruan lang si Pauline, but Wade could see through it all. He knew that Pauline was slowly hesitating. She was slowly changing her mind. And Wade was actually hoping for that to happen. He wanted someone real, not someone fake.