Chapter 8

I'll only be mentioning the seating arrangement for each day only once. Hindi naman kasi importanteng kabisado niyo yung mga 'yon.

Royal Government Palace
December 3, Tuesday

It was once again an early morning. The sun hasn't even risen yet but the warriors are already training really hard.

They're building up their strength and endurance by jogging around the whole palace for thirty minutes. After jogging for thirty minutes, they will sprint.

Ganoon na ang routine nila tuwing umaga.

Genevieve was huffing already, and they weren't even past the twenty-five minute mark.

One of the warriors saw this and quickly caught up to her to tease her. "Tired already, Princess Genevieve?" asked Alexandra—Genevieve's self-proclaimed rival.

She considered Alexandra as her rival ever since they arrived.

"Not at all," she said. She has to beat her. She has to win this.

She needs to be stronger. She's pretty strong already, but it's not enough to beat Alexandra.

And then, they heard Killian whistle, which meant only one thing. They have to sprint.

Ngayon, lahat sila ay mabilis nang tumatakbo. As usual, nauuna si Alexandra. Next was Natalia, and then Jasmine, and then her.

The one at the back was Eugenie, but not because she was weak, it's because she's not really taking any of this seriously.

Inside the palace, there were also some princesses who were already awake.

Pauline was miraculously roaming around, but she wasn't simply roaming around. She was stealing things. Of course, if she's gonna be here for a month and be evicted, might as well store up on some treasures.

But someone was watching her.

Ilalagay pa lang sana ni Pauline ang isang mamahaling koronang may naglalakihang dyamante, ay agad na may kumausap sa kanya.

"That's fake." Napalingon si Pauline sa nagsalita.

It was Princess Vera.

"What?" she asked.

"I said, that's fake. The light being illuminated on those gems are of rainbows. Hindi ganoon ang totoong dyamante."

Pauline simply scoffed. "Who cares?" Ilalagay niya na sana 'yon sa dala niyang tela, pero nagsalita pa ulit si Vera.

"Do you really think Wade will evict you simply because of a petty crime? You have to do more than that."

Napakunot naman ang noo ni Vera. "And why do you care? Aren't nobles supposed to mind their own business?"

Unti-unting naglakad palapit sa kanya si Vera. She was holding something.

"Here. Steal these instead," sabi niya.

May pag-aalinlangan pa si Pauline, kaya hindi niya ito kinuha. "What's that?"

"These are some expensive jewelries that I and the other nobles own. Steal these instead, we'll all make a fuss about it, you'll be found out, and then you'll be evicted."

Pauline cocked her head to the side, still thinking, still confused as to why the noble princess before her was doing this. "Why are you helping me?"

Vera sighed. She's free to show some emotions for now, Florida was still deep in slumber. "It's a win-win situation for us. I want you out of here as soon as possible because I don't want you trying to test my patience and making me explode. That would affect my scores, you know?"