Chapter 4

Dedicated to: Paunime

The artwork in the media is made by Paunime 🤎

Nikolai | Sophia | Genevieve | Vera | Pauline

You can also check her stories on wattpad and her webtoon one shots, just go to her profile!

Revoltos Kingdom
November 30: Selection Day

Chaos — the only thing that can be seen in this kingdom.

All the people are selfish, only caring for theirselves, and not even the least concerned about the next "queen-to-be".

The place was messy, dusty, and dirty. The have no servants since the Rebel Queen forbid it. Even though she cares only about herself as well, she's kind enough to not drag the normal citizens into this mess.

They would most likely be bullied and chastised by the rebels. She didn't even bother to take a few citizens just to stand guard in case of any violence. It's futile. Something like that wouldn't stop the rebels.

One more forbidden thing in the kingdom were weapons. Swords, knives, scissors, and any pointy thing that can be used to kill.

Even though killing was forbidden—in any kingdom, really—rebels would easily disobey.

What can be found in this kingdom were bread, fruits, and anything that can be eaten right away with no need for cooking.

The Queen provides it every three days in a week, at wala na siyang pakialam kung paano nila hahatiin iyon.

She was thankful that the selection day finally came, and she'll be stepping down from her throne in one month. She will finally be free from this misery.

But the rebel princesses thought otherwise. They—especially the ones who've just turned twenty—were hiding.

Behind houses, inside closets, up on a large tree, even inside the dumpsters. They were that desperate to not be chosen.

The other rebels don't even care. They don't make an effort to round the princesses up so that the Queen could pick easily, they were all lounging around doing whatever they wanted.

Just then, the Rebel Queen finally arrived. With ten bulky royal guards hovering around the royal carriage which looked more like a cage, she stepped out of the palace gates and looked around.

The rebels saw her, but they couldn't care less.

Nagpatuloy lang sila sa mga ginagawa nila at hindi pinansin ang reyna, na katulad nila, ay wala rin namang pakialam sa kanila.

They started to search. Every nook and cranny of the kingdom, looking for princesses who acted like criminals trying to hide. The guards were split into five groups, each pair looking for a rebel princess who was of age.

It wasn't easy, though. The princesses were good at hiding, running from one place to another as the guards changed directions.

The Queen, on the other hand, knew everything. She was familiar with the kingdom. She knows the good hiding spots, since she experienced hiding in them herself.

On top of a tree with lots of leaves, a rebel princess stayed motionless.

Giving her best shot to not make the leaves move and alert the guards who were just around the corner.

She had wavy black hair which was in a messy bob cut. Since parlors are not really a thing in the Revoltos Kingdom, she made a knife from stone. It was not that sharp since it was made from stone, but with patience, it could cut enough hair.

That's why the bob cut was messy. But she doesn't care. The pale skinned princess stared at the guards with her gray orbs—large bags under her eyes, and she heaved a sigh of relief when they finally left.

With her thin chapped lips that was full of cuts and blood, she smirked, thinking she got away already. Well, that's Pauline for you. I'm too good at this.

Pero nabigla siya nang may magsalita sa kanyang likuran. "Hey there, princess. You're coming with me."

She actually fell from the tree because of too much shock. Her back hurt and she winced from the pain.

She quickly stood up to glare at the person, but she was shocked when she saw the Rebel Queen herself, who just jumped down from the tree, not even bothering to wipe off the dust.

Agad siya nitong hinawakan sa braso at hinila. Sinubukan niyang magpumiglas pero masyado itong malakas. Ang higpit ng hawak niya sa kanyang braso, at para bang namutla pa siya lalo nang makita ang dalawang gwardya na papalapit na sa kanila.

"Take her," the Queen said. The two guards quickly grabbed her on each arm and dragged her to the carriage which looked like a storage cart for pigs.

"Fucking shit!" she hissed. Paano siya nakita nung babaeng 'yon? And when did she climb the fucking tree? She didn't see it coming—at all.

How did the Queen manage to sneak up behind her when she was on a fucking tree?

Wala na. Wala na siyang magagawa. All she could do was look at the three other princesses inside the cage. Well, it was technically a cage. Especially when the three princesses inside looked like prisoners, and she was just about to join them.

Nang makapasok siya ay nakita niya ang tatlo na hindi man lang tumitingin sa isa't isa. They were all minding their own businesses.

"Your name?" she heard the guard ask from outside. The carriage literally looked like a cage, with a steel floor and metal bars.

She rolled her eyes but then stated her name, "Princess Pauline."

Nakita niyang sinulat ito ng gwardya sa isang papel, and three other names were written down as well.

Princess Diana. Princess Margaret. Princess Isabella. And then her name.

Umakyat lahat ng dugo sa ulo niya sa kaisipang kasali siya rito.

And then, she saw a princess who was walking arrogantly, making her way towards the cage-looking-carriage along with the Queen and two other guards who were standing beside her.

Napakunot ang noo ni Pauline. She's not resisting?

"I'm Princess Tatiana. Let me in," she ordered. Agad naman binuksan ng gwardya ang karwahe, at agad namang sinubukan ng apat na prinsesa ang tumakas.

But it was quickly closed.

"Tch."

Pauline spat on the guard's clothes, but he didn't even care.

Tatiana was already inside, and she had a lofty grin on her face. "Relax, fellas. Just let me be queen. I'm gonna let you guys escape."

Napatingin sa kanya ang apat na prinsesa. What the hell is her deal? She actually wants to be queen?

If so, then she wouldn't have a problem. She can easily evict herself. If Tatiana stays true to her words. She might be tricking them and is actually planning to leave first.

The carriage slowly started to move as it made its way out of the kingdom. The large rusty gate opened and they were met with the outside world. It was full of trees.

She could see a few movements deep in the forests. Probably the normal people.

They're on their way to the royal government shit now. But this will be easy.

All she has to do is to make a mess.

***
Update: MWF