Chapter 32: The Project

Thank you all for your support! I love seeing how many of you enjoy this story. Please enjoy this chapter and let me know your thoughts!

The sun had just set when Leanna sensed the Alphas enter their territory. She stood outside with Phoenix, Maire, Sean, Becca, Gemma, Jagger, and a few of the warriors.

How close is he? Leanna mindlinked Gemma privately.

Twenty minutes.

Crap. He was too close and, when Gemma tried to postpone it, he refused. He wanted his mate now and he was not going to wait, the consequences be damned. Leanna admired his will but he was being reckless and if he came in running without a word, the guards would kill on sight.

Three black SUVs came into view, rolling to a stop in front of them. Alpha Valor and Luna Frey of the River Gold pack stepped out of the first car, followed by Alpha Kai and Luna Rhea of the Midnight Sky pack.

Their perspective warriors fanned out, analyzing the territory and searching for signs of danger.

"You fucker!" Alpha Kai laughed as soon he saw Phoenix. He was a tall man, a few inches taller than Phoenix's 6'3, and he had heavily tanned skin with brown hair and large, hazel eyes.

Phoenix smirked and they shook hands before Kai pulled him into a hug.

"You're an absolute shit, you know that?!" Kai pulled away, his bright hazel eyes narrowing. "You've got a lot of explaining to do. But it's good to see you, brother."

Brother? Leanna mindlinked Gemma, completely baffled.

Adopted. Super long story.

Phoenix laughed, nodding, "It's good to see you too, brother. You as well, Rhea."

The tall woman gave him a kind smile, giving him a brief hug. She was beautiful, with raven black hair and round eyes the color of cherry wood.

He turned his attention to Alpha Valor and gave him a respectful nod, holding out his hand. The large, burly man took it and gave it a shake, "It's been a while, Thaddeus."

"That it has," he chuckled lightly. "It's good to see you as well, Luna Frey. You look lovely as ever."

Luna Frey shook his hand, smiling, "You as well, Thaddeus." The bump was obvious in her dress and she looked close to full term.

Leanna's eyes lingered on the bump before she cleared her mind of those thoughts and looked away.

Phoenix let out a deep breath and Leanna could sense his sudden anxiety, "I want to thank you all for coming. I know it's not exactly ideal but we have a lot to discuss. But first, I would like to introduce you to my mate, Leanna."

He grabbed her hand, pulling her forward. Suddenly on display, her heart began to thump in her chest as she was scrutinized by the four powerful strangers standing before her.

Kai's eyes widened and he gave Phoenix a quick glance before stepping forward and wrapping her in a bear hug.

"Welcome to the family!" He shouted and then set her down, smiling widely. "Name's Kai. It's a pleasure to meet you, Leanna."

She felt the tension leave slowly and she smiled back, "It's nice to meet you too, Alpha Kai."

He quickly waved her off, "No formalities, please. We're family."

"It's a pleasure," Luna Rhea stepped forward. "I'm happy to see Phoenix looking so freely relaxed."

Rhea gave her a hug and then Leanna turned to Alpha Valor and Luna Frey.