Dancing On My Own

Chapter Seven - Dancing On My Own

The next morning Blaine had been in the school gym before classes. He had found that it was the best time to go, and often he'd be the only one in there. When he first came ut as his old school, he had gotten into boxing to help him fight back. Not like he ever did, but at least in the back of his mind he knew he could have, he was just the better man. He blamed Cooper for the continuity of it once he had joined Dalton and his years of taunting Blaine for being weak and scrawny, and sometimes when he was down about himself, his brother and the abuse he had given him took the place of the punching bag in front of him.

Though he wasn't alone today, he sensed straight away when the door creaked open. "Blaine Anderson, here I was thinking you were a fag but rumour on the grapevine is that you're with the new girl."

Blaine rolled his eyes, after his date with Poppy last night and what she had told him, he knew he was only waiting for a confrontation from Freddie himself. "I thought you were pretty aware of the concept of bisexuality after last summer, Freddie."

Instantly Freddie had marched over, grabbing onto the top of Blaine's vest, his eyes fuming. "You promised not to tell anyone about that."

"And I've kept my word," Blaine said, pushing Freddie off him and backing away, "you know you can have any brainless, gold-digging cheerleader you want in this town, but I'm sensing you're here to threaten me away from Poppy."

"How does it look if the one girl they allow in this school, and she's with you and not me?" Blaine chuckled, almost everything that came out of Freddie's mouth was insanely arrogant and ridiculous.

"I know that this isn't about Poppy Freddie, not everyone is as stupid as you think they are." Blaine chuckled, returning to the punching bag.

Freddie hated that Blaine saw through him because it just made everything he felt dig even deeper. "You haven't spoken to me since the first day back Blaine, I thought this summer meant something."

"And I told you at the time that it's over once we go back to school!" Blaine shouted he had told him this countless times in the summer. Freddie was different away from school, though dealing with the person he portrayed at school was the last thing Blaine had wanted to do.