Fruity Voodoo Powers

Chapter Forty-Nine - Fruit Voodoo Powers

Mr Schue had approached me at my locker the next day, which seemed a bit awkward given he was a teacher, though, he always seemed to act sometimes like more of our friends than one. I knew Glee Club rehearsal was about to start, so I figured where this was going. "I want you to come back to Glee Club today."

"I thought I couldn't until my attitude changed, which it hasn't," I stated sternly.

He shook his head, "You were right, the setlist should be something we all discuss and we can't do that without you."

I smiled, "Thanks." as we walked together to the Glee rehearsal. Everybody was standing up, looking solemn as Schue walked in. Blaine's eyes immediately caught my eye, looking pleased to see me back.

"Looking good, Unique," Schue sounded, walking in, chuckling, "You, too, Tina. Very Jules Verne. Hey, Blaine. Sam."

"I'm Evan, Sam moved to Alaska," Evan grunted, before walking to sit down with the rest.

"Oh, well-well, tell him he's welcome back anytime," Schue nodded as everyone awkwardly sat down. He took a deep breath, tapping his hands together lightly before speaking, "So, just about 20 years ago, I was sitting right where you are now. I was co-captain of the soccer team with a forehead full of acne and a dream of being the next Vanilla Ice," he chuckled softly, "and standing right here was Mrs Adler. She constantly mumbled to herself and she stuffed used Kleenex up her sleeves. We were all convinced that she was crazy, but you know what? That's why we loved her because we were crazy, too. This is the room that always felt like home, maybe because we knew Lillian Adler loved music almost as much as she loved us and that's how I feel about you. Every one of you. And-and I'm sorry if I made any of you feel like you didn't have a voice in this room, you do. And I know someone else who does too." Schue snapped his fingers, and my heart warmed as I saw Finn walk in.

Since Finn had started college, I had barely seen him, even if he was still in Lima. So I was so happy that my step-brother had walked into the room, Artie exclaiming, "My man!" as we all cheered and clapped.