The Scientist

Chapter Forty - The Scientist

The good thing about making the wrong choice is that you will know for certain what the right one is. I was lucky, I had managed to play most of the football season before I left. in fact, it was probably the thought of there no longer being any football that compelled me so much to leave. I had made friends, but none of a lifetime. The idea of spending a few purposeless months with people I didn't really want to be around sickened me, so after our final match I had booked a flight and turned up back home insisting to my dad I wasn't going back. He wasn't too opposed, in fact, he had told me he wasn't surprised as this was something I'd do.

It wasn't that I was unpopular, in fact, my boarding school hacks I had picked up in England had favoured me immensely. Not often there were transfers for senior year and my stash of alcohol I had packed and the clothes Kurt had helped me pick out with my Topshop discount, it was the most popular I had ever been. Though my attempt to resurrect their glee club failed miserably, and I was ready to return.

I wasn't scared about going back to McKinley, but I should have been. The moment I had stepped in the school I lost contact with everyone, though I justified it for my own good, as I knew if I had been hearing from Sam on the phone about what everyone was up to in the Glee Club that it would just sadden me. Blaine didn't text much anyways, I told him it would just upset him more, but in reality, it was me it would upset the most.

So, upon my return and whisper from Kurt that there was a Sadie Hawkins dance, I had arranged to meet with one of the Glee Club members I had never been that close with anyways: Artie.

"So you're back?" he asked, he was smiling, we had always gotten along.

I nodded, "For good, it took me five months away to realise I'm more of a performer than a footballer."

He giggled softly, "That's good, but you're too late. We already lost Sectionals."

"Finn said at Christmas," I sighed, "but I'm not here for Sectionals, I'm here to spend my last few months at school with you guys. I just want to make a bit of an entrance, not to be dramatic but it's been too long since I've been on a stage, and I heard you guys are performing at Sadie Hawkins."