Sectionals

Chapter Twenty-Six - Sectionals

I was unsure following our I Kissed A Girl performance why Kurt had been called into Figgins' office, and only found that evening when I got back home after hanging out with Blaine what had happened. The household was tense as it was with the upcoming election results for Dad, but when I went in and asked Kurt what it was all about his eyes were bloodshot. He explained how someone had stuffed the ballot and they were blaming him. My heart broke for him. He had basically written off his dreams of NYADA and there was nothing I could do.

Though at the end of the day, he had lost the election and he was heartbroken. There was only one thing to do, and that was to watch Mamma Mia. We sat on the couch, popcorn and all. Dad and Carole had joined, both trying to distract themselves from the upcoming election results.

It was halfway through the film it hit me, "We have to do an ABBA for sectionals."

"You can't be serious." Finn moaned, he hadn't really been enjoying the film but felt too guilty not to watch it with the family.

"We all know it's just because she wants an excuse to reenact Lay All Your Love on Me with Blaine." Kurt sighed.

An idea came into my mind, "See I was thinking of doing Voulez-Vous, but that could be a great idea, Kurt."

"What have I done?" Kurt shook his head, but his idea could work. Considering the lack of girls in the group and being predominantly guys, the number could be perfect. I'd just have to get it past Rachel and Schue.

Nobody slept in the house that night, the results would be in the early morning and everyone was terrified. What if Sue won? What if Dad didn't? I was up from five, all of us sitting in the kitchen with our cups of coffee, just waiting. When the results were in, we were resurrected from our dreary moods into ecstasy, he had done it, and I had never been so proud. I turned up to school a little tipsy on the champagne we had at breakfast, but not enough to affect my learning.

I had suggested doing ABBA in Glee Club. The idea wasn't approved, and I didn't blame them considering what happened with Finn and Rachel at Sectionals, Lay All Your Love on Me probably wasn't a smart choice following that. Though, it was news that day that Rachel had been suspended as she exposed herself for stuffing the ballots. But it meant we were lacking our usual duet pair, and this was just the opportunity for me and Blaine to jump in.