She's Electric

Chapter Seventy - She's Electric

The next few months seemed to go by worryingly fast. From property-hunting with Blaine, daily shopping trips with Kurt and me and Sam's season pass to the New York Giants the weeks flew by, especially with the work from school. I had gotten into the Colombia Glee Club and was practising with them weekly, as well as soccer practises and Hamilton House meetings. On top of that all I had date night Fridays with Blaine and a complex social life to keep up with. I even had my very first Gossip Girl blast. I mean, yes, it was more about Serena than me, though they had used my name for once rather than some physical description of me either being short or blonde.

Alongside that, my growing friendship with Serena had catalysed a friendship with Blair, who decided she liked me more by the day. Blair seemed to be wary first, though when she realised I wasn't a threat of any sorts she quickly warmed up to me, especially as she discovered me and Blaine shared her love of musicals. "So it's my Birthday party this weekend, I'm sure you'll be there, Blaine too obviously."

I smiled, "I wouldn't miss it."

The smile was a little fake, as this weekend was supposed to be my first weekend off in ages to sit around and do nothing. I wasn't a bad friend, and Serena had emphasised before how much Blair's birthday meant for her.

It also meant now I'd have to try and find a birthday present for Blair, which was difficult when it appeared the girl had everything.

After eventually settling on some luxury bath oil set, we headed to the party. "Look, Blaine, Robyn is here," I pointed as we were picking at the buffet.

"Robyn?" Blaine asked confused, before turning to see the singer Robyn, "Oh my god we have to introduce ourselves."

Following our conversation with Robyn about the music industry, we were then treated to a video fo Blair singing karaoke in Stockholm, which she didn't appear too pleased about. I knew I had to distract everyone, so I ran to the microphone and music set up, quickly whispering to the band. "Hi everyone, happy birthday Blair!"

It was awkward, but it would do the job. Besides, everyone had been banging on about hearing me sing, and I supposed this was a better time than never. In a conversation I had found out Blair had a secret affinity for 90s rock, so I thought a bit of Oasis could be a good choice.