Transitioning

Chapter Eighty-Two - Transitioning

I had a call from Blaine Sunday evening, saying he had to go to McKinley to pick up a couple of sheet music and things the Warblers had left behind from Invitationals, and offered to give me a lift in.

"Now this is way too nostalgic," I joked as I saw him at my door, smiling eagerly.

"It definitely is weird," he responded.

I didn't take his hand like usual, and we walked to the car separate, as friends. As I got in the car, I noticed two coffees in the tray holder. "You made me a coffee?"

"Latte, extra sugar, just how you like it," he winked.

I faked a smile, since being on Broadway I had transitioned into drinking Americanos, needing more of the coffee boost. I took a sip, the milky taste almost making me cringe, and I was surprised by how I just to drink this. I didn't have the heart to not drink it, so I smiled and thanked Blaine.

"Thanks for the lift, really," I blushed, "you know how much I hate driving." I used to love driving, though after the accident Blaine always insisted on driving me everywhere, and I never really recovered from my fear. The drive to school in the morning was always the worst part of my day. "New car?"

"I had to get a bigger boot, fit music equipment and stuff," Blaine explained, "I do miss Betty though."

"I loved Betty," I sighed, "hopefully she's living an extravagant life with her new driver."

"As extravagant as she was with us? I doubt it," Blaine joked. "How's your mini?"

"Mickey is good, considering how much I barely drive it, I've been driving again recently more. Sam still insisted on taking me in, though I think we need a bit of space from each other for a while. If not our friendship is just going to habitually become a relationship again," I reasoned.

Blaine glanced over briefly, though I didn't quite catch his expression, "Sam said you two broke up, are you good?"

"Just felt like a summer fling running on extra time."