Be My Baby

Chapter Fifty-Eight - Be My Baby

School had finished two hours ago, and Blaine had still not turned up. This had been so unlike him, and I couldn't believe he had not even sent me a text to inform me where he was. I sat down stairs where I had prepared snacks and the TV for our film, in my blanket all alone, feeling even worse than I did before.

Eventually the door bell rang, "I'm so sorry, I was stuck in detention."

I was even more surprised, this was even less like Blaine, "You were in detention?"

"Sue took my puppet away and I had to get it back! But then she caught me and put me in detention for the week of the week and if I skip any it goes on my permanent record!" Blaine threw himself down on the sofa in frustration, almost knocking over my bowl of popcorn.

"Wait puppet? What puppet?" I questioned, all of this getting even more confusing.

"I made it in Arts and Crafts," Blaine began.

"What even was the puppet, it must have been pretty good for you to risk detention for trying to get it back?" I folded my arms and stared at him, partially irritated.

He suddenly went awkward, stumbling on his words, "Well, it may have been made to resemble, um, you."

My eyes widened, "You made of a puppet of me?"

"I missed you at school and it gave me somebody to talk to since everybody at Glee is mad with me at the moment," Blaine tried to defend.

I took a deep breath, "I just can't help but think this has something to do with wanting to control everything, including me apparently!"

"That is not at all the case!" Blaine shouted back.

"Well you seem to prefer puppet Poppy to actual Poppy considering you went to steal it back and got yourself in detention, missing our date which I kind of really needed given the fact I've been struggling with everything that's happened, which let me remind you, was your fault considering you made me sit in that chair and have that stupid gas-induced flashback!"