I Still Believe

Chapter Forty-Five - I Still Believe

"Is it just me, or has there been an unbearable amount of tension between Mr Schue and Finn lately?" Artie whispered we had all been sitting in the corner of the library working on our History assignment.

Blaine nodded, "It's almost impossible to notice, I mean the entire ten minutes we should have spent rehearsing that was used for Mr Schue to shout at Finn because of his vests, it seriously needs to stop!"

I took a deep sigh, "You don't have to live with either of them, Finn is losing his mind, he's really not been himself."

"I think we have to stage an intervention," Tina agreed, and the next minute we were sitting in the choir room with the two.

"Mr Schue, Finn," Artie began, "thank you for agreeing to this sitdown. We've all noticed a tension between you ever since Finn admitted he kissed Miss Pillsbury." Mr Schue's smile dropped, his face becoming aggressively cold. 

"No surprise Finn has been acting like he's losing his mind," Tina continued, before Blaine got up and headed to the board, writing 'Feuds' in large letters.

"You're feuding!" Blaine exclaimed, "and it needs to stop."

"Seriously," Artie sighed, "it's like Hatfields and McCoys in here."

"So epic musical feuds is our theme," Blaine continued, sitting back down next to me.

"And, for the first time in Glee Club history, we're giving you the assignment for this week," I nodded. "You two can explore and resolve your differences by performing a song together inspired by a classic musical rivalry."

"Guys," Schue began, trying to object the idea.

Tina spoke before he could say anymore, "Regionals are coming up, Mr Schue, and if we're gonna have any chance of winning, we need both of you on the same page and on the same team."

*

"Young Burt Reynolds," Sue sighed as she poured some kind of orange liquid into a cup, "may I gently remind you that on Wednesday, December Fifth you joined the Cheerios but you've been conspicuously absent from practice since Thursday, December Sixth."