Silly Love Songs

Chapter Eleven - Silly Love Songs

It came time for my performance in Glee Club and I felt nervous. Not to sing, I had always felt confident in this room since my very first performance. Though I wasn't one to compliment people to their faces, not that I was horrible to people, I just always felt super awkward and vulnerable. The song to me was putting me in a vulnerable position with Santana, and I was terrified if for some reason she took it the wrong way.

"Billy Joel is one of the greatest songwriters of all time, and I thought I'd honour the most romantic song of his but also somebody who I think needs to hear this. Santana, my duet partner, this is for you." Santana had been giving me a look of somewhat disbelief and happiness, I didn't think she expected this at all.

As I finished, I saw the vulnerability I had so feared in Santana's eyes. She seemed teary, but reluctant to cry, though she was smiling. She hadn't clapped with everyone else, she just stared at me, her eyes saying 'Thank you'.

"You've been too nice to me this week, what's the catch?" Santana asked, pulling me to aside after Glee Club.

"Why does there have to be a catch?" I questioned.

"Because I'm apparently so horrible to everyone," Santana complained, she was insecure, you could see it in her eyes.

"And you've been nothing but nice to me, aren't we on the same page?"

Santana looked puzzled, "I don't know why but I can't find any reason to be brutally honest with you. I mean you're no offence but you're not so pretty I'm jealous of you but you are pretty and there's nothing I can insult you on there. I don't know what's going on with you and the Warbler but you seem kinda cute and you've done nothing but support Kurt, I mean you scored a touchdown and kicked Karosfky in the balls, you're pretty amazing." I was taken aback by everything Santana was saying, she had felt the need to justify why she hadn't been mean to me, it was kind of odd but I supposed it made sense to her. "What am I doing I've never been that nice to anyone."