Thank You For The Music

Chapter Ninety-One - Thank You For The Music

Before we knew it, the end of the week had came and Sectionals was before us. Everything rested on this competition, the fate of the glee club and arts at McKinley High. After a dodgy week of illness and glitter bombs, we were more determined than ever to push through Sue's attempts to put us down and win the competition.

Though with all of this happening, me and Blaine had our own questions, and that was where the new year would take us.

"The studio want me to go back," he scratched his head, after coming into the room following his phone call. "Back to New York, for the New Year. Pair me with some songwriters, get the album finished and released."

"That's amazing," I blushed, and it really was. He was getting the full support he needed now, and his future seemed bright and exciting.

"I can't go without you," Was all Blaine said, "you have to come with me."

I just looked up at him, smiling as I nodded, "I know."

Rachel was also going back to New York, and if we were to win at Sectionals we would need someone to fully take over, and who better than Mr Schue, who practically had anyways.

Besides, as much as I loved being back with my family in my hometown. My home was with Blaine, so my home was in New York. I was ready to get back to the city, and the months would allow me some time to explore myself as a writer before I returned back to school in the fall.

We decided to wait until the Sectional outcome before we announced that we would both be going back to the city in the New Year.

The first group up were the Falconers, whose performance included then holding birds and acting like them with their electorate wings. They were good, but nothing great. Our kids could beat them, it was Vocal Adrenaline we had to worry about.

And worry did we indeed, their performance was an elaborate extravaganza that had the amusement appeal of a Cheerleading and the glitz and glamour of the music. Sue had pulled all the stops, even successfully being allowed to fire people from cannons for once. There wasn't a step out of place, and I began to truly fear for our team.