Sweet Child 'O Mine

Chapter Thirty-Three - Sweet Child 'O Mine

We had won Regionals, and all that was left was the marriage of Rachel and Finn. I had gotten my dress dropped off that morning at Blaine's, where I had stayed the night. It just didn't feel right putting it on, I couldn't believe this was really happening, though I had to support Finn. He was my brother, and I knew he had really loved Rachel. I just prayed this wouldn't crush them; I prayed they were different.

"I think the one good thing about the wedding is getting to see you in that Bridesmaid dress." Blaine smiled, leaning his head on my shoulder as I applied my makeup.

I blushed, "The suit's a lovely touch."

My hair was still straight from the night before but had fallen into soft waves overnight. I had loved my hair like this, though it wasn't worth doing it all the time considering the many hours it took to straighten. Blaine had been smiling at me through the mirror, "You know what next week is," he whispered into my ear, planting a kiss just below.

"One year." I smiled, stroking his cheek with my spare hand, "I can't believe it."

"I was thinking we could maybe go somewhere other than Breadstix, it'll be next Saturday since it's my birthday meal next Friday," Blaine suggested, we had never gone anywhere but Breadstix, I didn't even know any other restaurants in Lima.

I chuckled, "sure you won't miss the Breadstix too much?"

He shook his head, "I think we both deserve a fancy meal out, something we can really dress up for."

"I'm partial to a nice suit on you, like this one." I winked, turning around to play around with his tie. He always looked good in ties, better than his bows, he wouldn't have any of that though.

As we were driving to the Justice for Peace, Blaine commented, "I don't want to sound like a snob, because I'm not and although I understand the urgency of it all, I don't think I could settle with a courthouse wedding."

"Because you want something big and grand?" I giggled, I knew him too well.

"Romantic and magnificent, but tasteful." He noted, I knew he had thought a lot about it. "How about you?"