It's Not Unusual

Chapter Twenty-One - It's Not Unusual

I had been sitting by the river on my last day in England, strumming my guitar in a circle with all my old boarding school friends. I had just finished soccer camp and was spending the last few days with Lucy until flying back home. The summer had almost flown by, though going back meant seeing everyone from Glee again, but especially Blaine. "It's crazy, I can't believe you guys are all going into lower sixth."

"I can't believe you're going into junior year," Iris said, putting on an American accent.

"It's weird, so many of my friends are Seniors which is mad." It was only me, Tina, Artie and Sam who wouldn't be graduating this year, and I couldn't begin to imagine a glee club with just us.

"Is your boy graduating, Blaine, is it?" Tim, one of the lads asked. It was odd he asked, considering we wee nearly a thing.

"Blaine's a junior, but he's at another school," I informed them. We spent the rest of the night drinking beers around the fire we set up, playing music and feeling a bit tipsy. I would miss nights like these when I went back to America.

Arriving back in the John Glenn Columbus Airport felt like I had gone full circle. I still remembered arriving back here, limping, thinking I'd never play football again. Now, I had returned from soccer camp and was coming back to a new passion and I never felt better. Though as I walked out into the arrivals lounge, it wasn't just Dad and Kurt, it was Blaine as well. I instantly ran up to Blaine, almost jumping onto him as I fell into his arms, I had noticed he had felt stronger than last year, did he spend the summer working out? The smell of his raspberry hair gel was the best thing I had ever smelt, and I was reluctant to leave his arms as Kurt pulled me away for his own hug.

After hugging everyone, Dad had taken my bags and we walked to the car. I was holding onto Blaine's arm, knowing I would be almost inseparable from him for at least a week. It was a shame we'd be going back to school so quickly.

I was unpacking in my room talking to Blaine, we had texted over the summer but not too much. I insisted we wait until we see each other again to catch up, as I wasn't a big fan of phone calls and texts. "So, how was your summer?"