Chapter XII

______________________________________
❌️‼️❌😶Error - Unknown😶❌‼️❌
______________________________________

"Thank you for coming in Mr.Huening. We're sorry for pulling you in from work but this was urgent". "No no, it's alright Mrs.Yuni. My children are more important than work". David said. Mrs.Yuni nodded and then leaned forward in a serious matter. "We want to discuss something that happened today with Jaehyun". "What happened?". David asked with a concerned look. Mrs.Yuni sighed. "Jaehyun got into a fight". David frowned and immediately became worried. "What? Why? With who?". He asked. "Well, Kai said that the boys were picking on him about his mother and Jaehyun got angry when they started hurting him". Mrs.Yuni explained. David listened closely, not knowing what to say. "He managed to knock out one of kids when they slapped Kai". David's eyes widened. "Are they both okay?". He asked. "Yes, both awake and they're in the nurse's office. But we just have to discuss Jaehyun's punishment. It was defense but the parents will sue if he doesn't get something". Mrs.Yuni continued, making David pull his hair back in frustration. "What punishment?". He then asked. Mrs.Yuni frowned softly. "Well.....".
______________________________________

David walked out of the office where Jaehyun and Huening Kai were waiting. He smiled softly at them and then got onto one knee to face them both. "Are you guys okay?". He asked. Jaehyun and Huening Kai nodded with blank expressions. David gestured that they were going home and both the kids got up and they all walked to the car. It was very quiet in the ride and no one mentioned the event. Once they got home, David brought his kids to the living room to talk. "You both know what I'm gonna say right?". He asked. Jaehyun and Huening Kai both looked at each other nervously. David noticed and then sighed in a frustrated tone. "I'm not...... angry......I'm just disappointed and by far very uncertain of what to do with you boys. Especially you Jaehyun, I mean you already went far enough when you skipped school and didn't come home. Now you're fighting a-and starting to do dangerous things. It's even worse that the only reason Kai is participating is because you're influencing him". "But JaeJae Hyung doesn't tell me to do those things Appa. I follow because I don't want him to be alone". Huening Kai then said. "But you shouldn't be doing what he is doing. Neither should you Jaehyun. Ever since what happened, I've been worried about your behavior". David reached over and patted Jaehyun's head softly. "Why are you putting yourself through all these problems? Is there a reason?". He asked. Jaehyun pressed his lips together and nodded. "Can you please tell me?". His father asked. Jaehyun shook his head. David sighed. "I'm gonna ask Kai then. Is that okay? If he says it for you?". He asked. Jaehyun looked up with teary eyes and nodded. David turned to Huening Kai and he waited for him to speak. "There are a lot of mean kids at school Appa. They always pick on me, saying things about Eomma and sometimes they hurt me. JaeJae Hyung is only trying to protect me because I'm too small to fight. They always go after him too. Appa, JaeJae Hyung is never safe. He didn't mean to hurt that boy but he was so mean". Huening Kai explained, making David's expression soften. He smiled and nodded. He then turned back to Jaehyun. "I'm not gonna punish you Jaehyun. I would never because I know you don't mean to do bad things. But you do have to follow the consequences okay?". "Only if Ningning doesn't get in trouble". Jaehyun then murmured. "He won't". David assured. Jaehyun smiled softly and nodded. "What's my punishment?". He asked. "The school suspended you for a week. Don't worry, the boy got longer for starting it". Jaehyun nodded. David pulled Jaehyun and Huening Kai into a hug. "I love you both okay? Don't forget that. I'll always support you no matter what it is". David whispered. Jaehyun started to cry softly and he nodded, hugging his Appa tightly. Huening Kai hugged him as well and they stayed like that for a while.
______________________________________