Chapter XXI

Thursday - November 14, 2019 🌺

RINGGGGG RINGGGGGG RINGGGGGG

Huening Kai groaned loudly, despising the ringtone of his phone that interrupted him sleeping. He struggled to find his sense of coordination while trying to grab his phone. Once he succeeded, he looked at the screen to see Yeonjun calling. He groaned again and just put the phone to the side to let it eventually go to voicemail. Then the phone turned off, leaving Huening Kai some peace before he'd hear his Hyungs message.

1 voicemail from "Yeonie Hyung 🥰"

Now playing........

"Ningning ah! Why aren't you answering my calls!? Are you sleeping? I'm worried about you! Did something happen!? Can't you tell me!?.......*sigh*..I care about you alot Ningning. So please just let me know you're okay. I'm going crazy here......just.....just please be okay alright!? If something bad happens, call me okay?......ugh.. but I'll stop by your house later today just so you know....alright. bye Kai".

Huening Kai let out a long sigh. He felt so bad for Yeonjun, he sounded so worried. But Huening Kai couldn't do anything about it, he couldn't do anything at this point. Jaehyun didn't let him contact anyone or go outside the house. And then he made matters worse by giving him more curfews and limiting his activities. Huening Kai quickly stopped himself from overthinking and decided it was time to start the day. Things had been going somewhat well. Huening Kai had only been hit a couple times and that was a good thing considering how often Jaehyun got irritated. The boy got out of bed sluggishly, heading for the bathroom. He first washed his face, brushed his teeth, and then hair. When he was all done, he went downstairs to grab a fruit since he wasn't really hungry. When Huening Kai was back in his room, he made up his bed and then sat down, trying to think about what he could do for the day. It was hard to not get bored while you were stuck in the house for what felt like eternity. (Sounds exactly like us in quarantine sweetie. You ain't special🗿🗿🗿 lmao jk jk. Huening is more than special)

Huening Kai looked around his room for some ideas and his eyes landed on his guitar. He hummed softly before grabbing his phone and headphones and then walking downstairs. He went into the living room and smiled when he saw his piano in the corner. He hadn't played in a while but he had an idea that he could start practicing his solo for the christmas festival. Although, he didn't know what song he wanted to play. He wanted to play a meaningful song. It took Huening Kai couple minutes to go through his thoughts but he eventually came up with a song. He already knew the chords and lyrics by memory, he just needed to practice it. Huening Kai sat down on the piano bench and quicky tuned it before he would attempt to play it. He took a deep breath and softly placed his fingers on the key. He started to play the chords as well as he could, humming as the introduction. (I want the song to be a surprise so I won't put lyrics) Eventually, he started singing passionately and softly, careful with his pronunciation and word placement. He ended up making a few mistakes but that's why he needed practice. Huening Kai gave the piano a small smile before getting up and then looking around the house. There was nothing to clean, or organize, cook, play with, and all those shenanigans.

Usually, he'd go hang out with Taehyun or Soobin but that wasn't exactly the best idea anymore. Huening Kai sighed and threw himself on the couch. His mind started to wander off to Jaehyun. He was getting worried about him. To be fair, Huening Kai was always worrying about Jaehyun, it was part of his daily life at this point. But things had been getting much more, intense he could say. Jaehyun was becoming more controlling and demanding. Huening Kai was afraid he was gonna try and isolate both of themselves from everyone. He just didn't understand why. Was it because Jaehyun hated Kai and wanted to make him suffer? Was it because he loved him and doesn't want him to abandon him? Either one makes sense with Jaehyun's condition, but Huening Kai didn't want to get an answer. He just wanted things to change for the better.