Soundtrack - One (why do I make it sound like a movie lmao)

Okay so basically I made two soundtracks for the book just because I wanted to lmao. So enjoy if you want. Idk you don't gotta care lmao

This playlist is mostly pop and English. The next one with be kpop. I tried to choose songs that I thought most of you would like or at least think was decent but they all are masterpieces. These explanations are probably really really bad lol But let's start off!

1. In My Blood - Shawn Mendes (Cover by TXT)
I chose to include this as the first song not only because it's beautiful but I think that it really reflects on how all the boys struggle in this story. Because whether it's obvious or not in the writing, they were all struggling with their feelings in response to all the conflict they were going through. But they never gave up on themselves or eachother because it's just something they wouldn't do whether in the story or real life.

2. My Everything - Ariana Grande (Also rewritten as a cover by Yeonjun)
I put this song in the story because it was the the first 'promoted' song I put in the story that had a story. I rewrote the lyrics but the song still has that feeling of losing someone you love. The song was supposed to show the type of relationship Yeonjun and Huening Kai were in. A one sided love. And it can also be connected to Jaehyun's relationship with either jungkook or Huening Kai. Because it's about losing someone important, someone you love. Trying to accept the fact that it took so much for things to become like this and still have more to wait for in the future.

3. Needy - Ariana Grande
This song to me talks about how someone is struggling with deep emotions while their lover is trying to be there and give them the love they need. This generally gives the idea of how Jaehyun loves jungkook. He's needy and so complicated. Jungkook knows this and it hurts both of them but they never refuse to leave eachother until it's right. The song is soft but has somewhat of a dark meaning which I find really fascinating.

4. R.E.M - Ariana Grande
REM is a song that talks about falling in love with someone when they see them for the first time whether in a dream or not. Not knowing exactly how to react because it feels like a dream. A good one. I think it kind of portrays huening kai's feelings to Soobin. Even before he met him, he felt like he had a connection. And when they start to get closer, it was something very new for Kai but he liked it. He knows that they're growing fond of eachother but it's just this unspoken thing for a while. It's get more complicated but the love between them never stops. Their love at first sight is just never ending.

5. Be Kind - Marshmello & Halsey (Stripped)
From what I concur, the song is about how selfish a person can be while going through a hard time with their emotions that deal with the past and their coping mechanisms. The lyrics continue to speak about struggles the other person may be going through and their partner really just wants to help but they make it so difficult. They want to know why it's so hard to be kind and to just trust eachother when there has never been a threat in their relationship in the first place. It's all in the past. This song was sung by Kai I believe as a lullaby for Jaehyun. But it also makes you think about how jungkook feels about Jaehyun. This song being a message to him about what's happening between them. And it applies the same way to Huening Kai. If you read the lyrics, they're just so sad but beautiful.

6. Ghostin - Ariana Grande
There is no doubt that this song is already heartbreaking enough. At first I didn't think this could fit into the story but I realize that the lyrics really do merge with Huening Kai's thoughts on love. Generally it'd mean that Huening Kai is crying over Jaehyun after he left. And Soobin has to be there to comfort him. And he understands that he can't stop that. It's always gonna be something apart of Kai's life. Because Jaehyun is his only real family. (By real I mean blood related) even though the song is about a love triangle you could say, it still applies to the way Huening Kai will always care of his Hyung. He feels bad because it's something that his friends don't think is right considering how much he's been through. But hes glad to have soobin there to understand and be there for him. Even though him crying might break his heart as well.

7. Mercy - Shawn Mendes (acoustic)
The reason I wanted to allow Hyuka to sing this as his solo song was not only because he loves Shawn mendes and there's a piano version, but because it has meaning in the story. Huening Kai is singing this song about Jaehyun. It's very straight forward and powerful. The lyrics really convey how Hyukas feelings constantly change back and forth because of how confusing it is to the way Jaehyun treats him. He just wants to have a good relationship with him and relax. Not have to deal with all his mental health issues that are so overwhelming.

8. Sweet Night OST - Kim Taehyung
I really liked how soft and comfy this song was when I first heard it and when I needed a song for Soobin to sing that would be dedicated to Kai, this was perfect. The song is so cute and beautiful with it's lyrics and melody. It's a song that focuses on trying to comfort a friend in need. To just be there together and get through the hard times. And I really think that Soobin can display that emotion well because he's always been trying to be there for kai. He's the only person who ever really tried their hardest and succeeded. It's just something big that happened between their love.

9. Written In The Stars - John Legend X Wendy
I didn't really have too much intention on the meaning of this song. I just needed a sweet duet that would work with the characters. So there isn't much to say besides it's beautiful song and it's very happy considering its about love. Because there hasn't been such happy love songs in this story so this one really just gives you the true love at first sight feel.

10. Goodbye - Fifth Harmony
This song is a demo and leaked song from the disbanded girl group. I chose to include this because I think it was perfect because of how much emotion they put into their vocals and the lyrics. It's a song about someone leaving. About keeping their memory safe and just having a tough time to accept it. And obviously the only person who leaves is Jaehyun. Jungkook and Huening Kai don't take it well and it was hard for all of them. Saying goodbye so suddenly even though it was bound to eventually happen. They want to be able to see Jaehyun again, while he's better. But its not up to them. Goodbye is a beautiful demo that should've been officially released.

11. Praying - Kesha
This is the last song on this part of the soundtrack because it's such a big inspiration and risk that this artist took to share her story about a traumatic period she went through. I wanted this song to be the end because it talks about finally accepting what happened and becoming stronger. Letting their pain finally drift away and the person who caused it go. Letting them go. This song can be a symbol for both Jaehyun and Huening Kai. They both went through so much abuse and conflict with who they were and what they felt as a person. They were never able to leave it because of the impacts but in the end, they both were able to overcome the past and become better people. This song is powerful and it's something that needs to be way more recognized.