Chapter XXII

Wednesday - November 20, 2019 🌺

(We gonna change it up for a up with Beomgyu POV)

I walked to Huening Kai's house, nervous and a little upset. I was nervous because I didn't want to make Kai angry and he'd start yelling. Unless he cried instead. I was upset though, because of how he hurt Soobin. Now, Soobin wasn't completely heartbroken. I knew he was still gonna try and fix what happened between them but everytime we went home together after school, he'd start crying. Crying because he's so afraid that Huening Kai really doesn't love him. He seemed to be really worried about him though. And I wouldn't blame him for those feelings. Huening Kai was surely messing with everyone's feelings, whether it was on purpose or not. Since basically everyone had already tried to talk to him, it was my turn. I didn't think this would work but I had to try.

After maybe 12 minutes, I arrived at Huening Kai's front door. I took a deep breath and then knocked on the door. There was no answer, so I knocked again. I could hear a few commotions inside but eventually, the front door was opened by who I assumed was Kai's Hyung. He gave me a confused look and then asked me; "Can I help you?".

I smiled softly and then quickly bowed. "Hello Mr. Huening. My name is Choi Beomgyu. I was hoping I could talk with Huening Kai. It's really important". I explained.

The man- (why does that make it seem like he's 10 years older than he is??? How else am I supposed to describe him without using Jaehyun??)

The man sighed and then smiled, in more of a annoyed way though. "Give me a moment please Beomgyu". He closed the door and I patiently waited.
The man then came back and to no avail, without Huening Kai. (Am I even using that word correctly?) "I'm sorry but Kai isn't going to be seeing anyone, nor speaking to them". He said.

"Not even for a few minutes? Can you convince him please? I promise it'll be worth it". I said, quite desperately.

The man chuckled. "You should really get home Beomgyu. There's no point in trying". He said. "Goodbye now".

"But wait! There is a point in-". And then the door shut. I sighed frustrated and then walked off the porch. I didn't even get to see Huening Kai. But what did I expect? He didn't care when the others approached him, what difference would it have made if I did it? I sighed again, worried. This just wasn't Huening Kai. He never willingly distanced himself from us. He always made sure to let us know the reason if he didn't show up or respond to us. I started to walk away from the house, instead heading to much more welcoming home. I quickly walked to the bus stop and in a few minutes, got onto the bus. After a good 20 minutes, I got off and headed towards the neighborhood. When I was in front of a door. I knocked eagerly. And the door immediately opened.

"Hey! Beomgyu!". Yeonjun exclaimed, smiling.

I smiled back and went in for a hug. "Hi Yeonjun Hyung". I greeted back. Yeonjun immediately let me inside. I took my shoes and jacket off, neatly placing them down.

"Make yourself at home. My parents are out for dinner". He said, walking into the kitchen. I sighed and then sat down on the couch, burying myself in his pillows. "Everything alright Gyu? You seem stressed".

"I'm fine.......or actually...no. I'm not fine". I confessed.

"Well lucky for you. I just got done with dinner. We can talk about it while we eat and if you're up for it, we can cuddle and watch a movie". Yeonjun said. I chuckled and then nodded, even though he couldn't see me. After a couple minutes, Yeonjun carefully walked over to me holding two bowls of plain noodles. It may be plain but damn, Yeonjun made food taste really good. He gave me a pair of chopsticks and then smiled. "Come on babe. Eat up and talk to me". He encouraged.