Chapter XIV

______________________________________
❌️‼️❌😶Error - Unknown😶❌‼️❌
______________________________________

Soobin gently ran his fingers through Huening Kai's hair as he watched him sleep peacefully since he had let the younger take a nap on his bed. It had only been like 20 minutes and it seemed that the younger was passed out. "Soobin!". A voice then yelled from downstairs assuming it was probably Soobin's Eomma. Soobin groaned softly and then climbed out of his bed, walking out his room, closing the door and going downstairs. It was peaceful in his room until Huening Kai started to cry and whimper, calling out for Soobin. It was pretty loud for anyone near the room and it was none other than San. He knocked on the door before slowly opening it and looking around to see Huening Kai yelling and crying. He immediately ran downstairs to get his dongsaeng. "Soobin! Soobin!". "Oh my goodness what is it?". Soobin answered, clearly bothered. "Your boyfriend is crying". San said with a concerned expression. Soobin's eyes widened and he scrambled upstairs to his room. "Kai!?". He called out. He gasped when he saw Huening Kai curled up into a ball and crying. "Soobin Hyung! Don't leave me! I'm sorry!". He yelled, sobbing uncontrollably. "Soobinnie! Soobin Ah! SOOBIN". Soobin kneeled down and shook the younger. "Kai wake up! Wake up! It's not real!". He shook him harder causing the younger to gasp and burst from the bed. Huening Kai looked at the older with puffy red eyes and a scared expression. He breathed heavily unsure of anything. "It was just a dream flower. Don't worry". Soobin then softly said, sitting on his bed. Huening Kai looked around frantically and wiped his tears away continuously. "It's not real flower. Don't be scared". The older held out his hands to him, speaking softly. The younger immediately broke down into tears, hugging Soobin as tight as he could. Soobin embraced him tightly and caressed his head softly. "D-don't leave me H-hyung! P-please!". The younger cried. The older shushed him softly. "I won't flower. It was just a dream. It didn't happen and it won't ever happen. Okay?". He said. Huening Kai nodded, sniffling as he tried to calm down. "Just breath flower. Deep breathes". Soobin whispered, rubbing the younger's back in circular motion. Huening Kai nodded and he felt himself relax as Soobin cooed at him and touched him gently. After a few minutes, Soobin pulled away and he cupped Huening Kai's face. "Are you okay flower?". He asked as brushed the younger's hair back softly. The younger did his best to nod. The older smiled softly and then leaned in for a soft and reassuring kiss. "You're alright flower. Everything is alright. I'm not leaving any time soon". He comforted before pulling him into another hug. "Go back to sleep okay? I won't leave you". He said. "C-can you s-sing?". Huening Kai asked. "Of course".

(Tonight - Jin | English lyrics by Ashrita R.)

I am afraid of... you
You leaving me tonight, I would
Miss you
I can read your eyes, you know I love you
Need your touch, it's something so familiar
I remember how you smile at me darling
Will I, Will I ever see your smiling face again

I am always gonna be with you, you see?
I am always gonna be right by your side
As the moon passes us by, the sun will rise
You are with me through the night, in my dreams

When I close my eyes ah
I remember all the time I have spent you alone
If I close my eyes oh
I only remember the happy times with you alone

If I come my eyes.....
If I close my eyes oh.....

And with that, Huening Kai fell asleep on Soobin's lap, dreaming of him peacefully. Soobin carefully carried him and then laid him out on the bed before cuddling close to him. "I told you I would always protect you flower".