Chapter XX

A/N: I was too lazy to edit and proofread. I'll do it next chapter tho. I promise.

Monday - November 11, 2019 🌺

Huening Kai woke up around 4am so he could finish his homework and then email his teachers and the school. He excused himself, saying he was sick and unwell just like Jaehyun said. After getting his work, he went back to sleep, way too tired to start yet. While he was asleep, Jaehyun got ready for work, being as quiet as he could and making sure to check on Huening Kai before he left. He looked at the boy who was sleeping peacefully and he had to urge to maybe kiss him goodbye or leave a note saying sorry for what happened last night. He shook those thoughts out of his head and then frowned, he was still mad that he had been lied to like that. Especially from the person he probably trusted the most. Jaehyun sighed and closed the door to leave. He walked downstairs, grabbed his key and off he was to work. After a couple hours, Huening Kai woke up to his alarm and immediately got up. He had a busy day. School work, chores, dinner, and he had to practice his part for the duet with Soobin. They were supposed to be working on it themselves which is why it wasn't a problem he wasn't with Soobin, but he did miss him already. Huening Kai washed up in the bathroom and then went to the kitchen to have some cereal for breakfast. It was very quiet and dull in the house now. But some peace was somewhat nice to Huening Kai. After breakfast, Huening Kai put away his dishes and went back to his room to start on school work. It was just like homeschool so it wouldn't be hard. Just finish the assignment on your own, submit it and move on to the next. Luckily for Kai, he was able to finish all his work after 4 hours. He put all his supplies away and then pulled out the lyric sheet for his duet with Soobin. He cleared his throat before practicing the same way he would if he was in Soobin's room. He took his time, balanced his pitch and made sure to pronounce the words as correct as possible.

Seems like we’ve been here before
Your eyes are seeing straight right through my core
It’s kinda strange, but I like it
Ain’t no reason tryna’ fight it, yeah

Might be Déjà vu
First time we met, but I remembered you
We were creepin’ in the night time
Maybe in another lifetime

Don’t tell me you don’t feel what I feel right now
Whoo, it’s written all over you
Don’t tell me you don’t feel what I feel somehow
Oooh, I keep findin’ my way back to you

You can go anywhere babe, wherever you want
Because I know we’re written in the stars
You can go any which way, don’t matter how far
Because I know we’re written in the stars

Huening Kai sighed softly and put the paper aside. He started to doubt even trying anymore. If anything, Jaehyun was not gonna let him go to the festival, let alone go do some duet with Soobin. He fell back into his bed and stared at the ceiling. Jaehyun had never been as controlling as now. He had done it before but that was when he was younger and it wasn't as extreme. Then again, a lot of things were different then. After a few minutes of moping around, Huening Kai got up and decided to go start on his chores. Wash the dishes, sweep, organize, dust off, and wipe down most of the surfaces. Almost everyday he did this, so it would go by pretty fast and it does help get his mind of Jaehyun and his mental health issues and worries.

Time Skipppp

Huening Kai chopped up his vegetables, swinging his hips side to side as he listened to Ariana Grande's album, thank you next. (stan the queen of pop y'all) He threw them into the pan of meat, kimchi, and seasonings. He started to mix just a little bit before he added some rice. After adding the rice, he put the sauce in and mixed it thoroughly. He hummed to his music while cooking, being in a pretty good mood actually. After using the stove for what felt like hours, he turned it off and went through the cabinets for some bowls. Immediately after carefully pulling them out, Huening Kai heard the front door open. In came Jaehyun, looking exhausted from work. He threw his bag on the floor and stumbled towards the dining table.