||C4||

~

The afternoon went by rather quick.

Eunbi called ranting about how her and Heejin were both going to wear neon green to match and support NCT- which Faye did not understand- she also insisted on Faye wearing her hair down instead her usual low ponytail.

The hours turned into minutes as Faye put her last finishing touches on her hair. The regular 'what ifs' running through her mind.

"Here Faye take some extra cash- in case you go out to eat after words." Mr.Choi said shoving some money in her face.

"Thanks but I'll really-"

"He said to just take the money." Mrs.Choi mouthed from the couch. Mr.Choi turned around and raise a eye brow at her.

"Was that really necessary?" Faye could sense a fight brewing. Her phone dinged saved her from awkwardly standing there while they argued.

Heejins name flashed across her phone screen.

"My friends are here. I'm going to go bye!" Faye waved and walked out of the stuffy apartment building.

The familiar black car was sitting out side next to the curb. Heejin was seated in the passenger with Eunbi in the drivers.

Faye opened the back door and climbed in.

"You look-" Eunbi's eyes raked Fayes simple outfit "great!"

Faye looked up at her two friends. Both were very dressed up- with neon green tops and tiny black bottoms. Faye thought they were rather revealing but looked good.

"Heejin turn up to music!" Eunbi hooted rolling down the windows.

Two out of three of them singing along and giggling, the three girls drove off to the concert.

~

The concert venue was crowded.

The familiar gut wrenching feeling Faye always got before she did something new began bubbling up in her stomach.

"Park over there!" Heejin pointed a little ways down a street.

Eunbi parked the car and turned around in her seat-eyes glistening with excitement.

"Faye are you ready?" Eunbi began. "This is going to be a night to remember. Don't forget to stick with us we know how these work"

Us- the word rang in Fayes head like a bell. She would always be an outsider to them, no matter how hard she tried she could never be one of them.

Faye weakly nodded disregarding that fact that the night was already off to a shit start.

"Let's go" Heejin said and scrambled out of the car.

The three girls hastily made their way to the venue. People all around them were conversing about the performance to come.

"Let's wait over here." Eunbi and Heejin began walking towards the end of the long line of people-fidgeting to get inside.

Shivering due to the cold weather the girls stood in line waiting for the doors to open.

"Did you hear that Chan-woo likes you?" Heejin raved.

"What?!?" Eunbi said in shock. Faye furrowed her brows even to her it was obvious the boy practically worshipped the ground she walked on.

"I mean he's cute but not my type. He smells too much like bread." Eunbi giggled. Faye internally scoffed. Sometimes people can be so petty.

The long line began to move. It was time.

Little did Faye know that this night would change her life.