||C7||

~

Her bones felt weaker than paper and her mind was in a wild frenzy as to what could have happened.

Soulmates?

Faye thought. It couldn't be. Most soulmates don't bound until their at least 18. Her 18th birthday wasn't for another three weeks.

She dismissed it as the flu and sat back down in bed- the warm covers cocooned her in a burrito of safety.

It was nearing 4pm. Faye attempted to study for her math final but quit after throwing up for the fifth time today. 

The hard slam of a door jolted her out of bed as stomping footstep trudged towards her bedroom door.

An endless string of thoughts rushed into her mind.  What did she do wrong?

The door whipped open to reveal a flushed Mrs.Choi.

Oh shit.

"Are you okay-"

"Are you feeling any better?" As the words left Mrs.Choi's lips, Fayes mouth fell agape. "I thought you would want some coke. It helps with stomach aches."

Mrs.Choi walked towards Fayes bed and sat on the edge.  Faye opened her mouth to say something but closed it-not wanting to ruin the moment. Mrs.Choi lifted her cold hand to Faye's forehead.

"Faye your burning up we need to call the doctor!" Mrs.Choi worried.

"Uh-we don't need that it's probably just the flu." Faye croaked, still shocked at Mrs.Choi's kindness.

"Here drink this." Mrs.Choi raised the coke to Faye's chapped lips. Taking a long swig of the sweet liquid, Faye internally freaked out at the fact that Mrs.Choi has talked to her with out huffing in annoyance or leaving the room.

A frown settled on Mrs.Choi'a face as she looked at Fayes face. She was concerned for the young girl. Although she had only been sick for less than 24 hours she looked terrible. Her once bright eyes had big bags under them and her healthy coloured skin was now a drying, hot mess.

"You get some sleep. I'll have soup ready for you when you wake up." The older woman walked off , leaving behind a confused and dazed Faye.

                                     ~

The only thing Faye has done for past day was vomit, sleep, groan in pain and repeat.

Mrs.Choi came in every few hours to check on her only to see her getting worse.

It was nearing 4:30 am when Faye rose out of bed; with the familiar feeling of food crawling up her throat.

Running to the bathroom she heaved out all the soup Mrs.Choi has made for her. She was sick of vomiting. It made her throat burn. She was beginning to think that maybe this wasn't just the flu.

                                      ~

"No you can not go to school today. I will not let you go." Mr.Choi huffed. "Look at yourself Faye. You're clearly sick."

Faye spun around and looked the mirror. Her hair was shoved up in a sorry excuse for a bun, her face had beads of sweat dripping down it and her body was hunched over from her stomach pain.

"I have a math final today." Faye whined. "I can't miss it."

"No arguing Faye. Go back to bed." Mrs.Choi walked in and began pushing the sick girl back to bed.

A soft groan emitted from Fayes lips as she reluctantly slumped back into her room. She was getting tired of looking out her window all day.