||C42||

~

"Have you told Faye about the company dinner tomorrow?" Doyoung asked as they drove back to the dorms.

A curtain of night had washed over the sky of Seoul. Faye was looking out the window when Doyoungs words snapped her out of her trance.

"No- what dinner?" Faye asked confused. Haechan spoke up from the back seat.

"Every few months the company throws a dinner with the artist, producers-all the important people. It's a super big thing that you should totally be worried about and-"

"It's not that big of a deal Faye. We just dress up nice, drink alcohol and eat food." Yuta gave her a reassuring smile while he smacked the younger boy in the head- shutting up Haechan.

Fayes throat dried up as her nerves began to go into overdrive. Various scenarios trickled into her mind of things that could go wrong. Going to a fancy dinner with rich people was not on the top of her bucket list.

Jungwoo-who was seated beside her sensed her growing worries. He wordless placed his large hand on top of her. Drawing small circles on her knuckle-he kept looking out the wind shield ahead.

Faye froze at the sudden contact. It felt so nice but she had never had a boy 'hold' her hand. He wasn't even holding it but it put Faye in a stiff trace.

When they arrived back in the dorms Faye dashed out of the car to conceal her flushed face. She slipped out of clothes and snuggled under the covers before Jungwoo could even get down stairs.

She heard the door creak open and someone walking in. Clamping her eyes shut she heard a person shuffle through the closet. A loud grunt escaped their lips when she heard something hit the wall. She recognized the familiar sound as Jungwoo-he probably stubbed his toe.

Jungwoo walked out of the room and Faye began to drift into sleep.

~

Someone was shaking Faye awake. She felt her shoulder being pushed.

"Stop" She groaned as she rolled over and shoved a pillow over her head.

"Faye you need to wake up." A low voice stated. Faye scrambles into a sitting position seeing as Jungwoo wasn't the one waking her up.

Standing beside her bed was a fully clothed Jaehyun. She shyly smiled. "Sorry-uh-morning." She stuttered.

Jaehyun towered over the girl who was still engulfed in her fluffy dovet. He scratched his head. "Doyoung said you need to get up because we need to go shopping."

Faye narrowed her eye brows in confusion. "What? Why?"

"For the dinner tonight-you need to get a fancy dress." Faye nodded her head. Jaehyun bid her good bye as he left the room.

Faye looked to her right to see that Jungwoo wasn't asleep beside her. She slowly crept out of bed and headed towards the bathroom.

The floor felt cold on her bare feet as she did her doing her usual morning routine. Faye hiked up stairs wearing leggings and and a soft yellow hoodie. She smiled when she smelt the strong sent of meat being grilled.

Only Jaehyun and Doyoung were upstairs-Doyoung was cooking and Jaehyun was seated at the dinning room table scrolling through his phone. Faye plopped down across from him.

"Where is everyone?" Faye asked glancing around the empty house.

Jaehyun looked up at her. "They left just before I woke you up. They had a wardrobe fitting."

Doyoung walked in a placed a bowl of porridge and plate of meat in front of the both of them. After thanking Doyoung- Faye began to eat. It tasted incredible and was better than anything she could dream of cooking.

"So Faye-" Doyoung sat down beside Jaehyun "We are going shopping today for a dress."

Faye let out a not so attractive snort at the thought of Doyoung and Jaehyun helping pick out a dress for her. They looked at her with raised eyebrows. "Wait by we do you mean" she gestured at the three of them.

"Yes. I have to pick something up and Jaehyun has nothing better to do." Faye was a little nervous but she had grown close to Doyoung.

"Won't you two get recognized?" Faye questioned-if they were as famous as she thought, then they would.

"It not likely. We will have masks on and the mall were going to is very exclusive" Jaehyun spoke. Faye got worried-by exclusive they probably also meant expensive. Faye purse had chap stick and pads in it-barley any money.

As if he could read her mind Doyoung spoke up. "The company will pay for the dress-just like they pay for our tuxedos. You're like a NCT 127 member now."