||C41||

~

Faye and Jungwoo had only gotten through half of Ratatouille before they both fell asleep-almost simultaneously.

Fayes eyes drooped open when she heard Taeyongs voice yell through the house that it was time to wake up.

She had lost track of what day it was maybe Monday or Tuesday? It didn't bother her-seeing as she had nothing to do but follow Jungwoo around.

Drowsily she climbed out of bed and slugged into the shower. Warm water droplets hit her skin shocking her awake.

Faye blow dried her hair and let it fall down past her shoulders. She wished it would lay flat but instead it poofed up and made her look a little bit like a poodle. Slipping on a pair of jeans and a red hoodie she packed her backpack with her laptop, extra chocolate bars and a notepad.

She looked in the mirror as she struggled to put the necklace on from last night. It was such a beautiful gift and she wanted the honour Jungwoo by wearing it.

When she had successfully clamped it on she hiked up stairs for breakfast. As soon as she arrived up stairs she spotted Jungwoo chatting with the manager on the couch. She contemplated going over to them but decided against it-she was starving.

Trudging to the kitchen she said good morning to Taeil and Doyoung who were standing outside the kitchen. "There is extra porridge in that bowl Faye." Doyoung pointed out.

Faye took the porridge and sat down at dining table with Johnny and Yuta who were deep in conversation.

"Where is Haechan?" Faye interrupted. Johnny and Yuta looked at her.

"He stayed the night at the dreamies dorms. We'll see him at practice today." Faye nodded as she finished her porridge.

Hastily she put the dish in the sink-as the familiar SUV had pulled up and waited for them outside. One by one they scooted in to the car and drove off.

                                     ~

The days were beginning to all morf into one big blurb. It was Thursday afternoon and Faye was sitting alone in the practice building bathroom having a heavy conversation with her mum.

"Hey mum." Faye spoke in a soft whisper.

"Hello sweetie. How are you holding up?" Her concerned mother spoke through the phone.

Faye sighed and ran her finger through her hair. "I'm doing better than I thought . Jungwoo has been a big help."

"Whose Jungwoo? Oh-He's your soulmate?" Her mum questioned.

Faye scratched her head. "Yeah."

Her mother hummed in reply. "Um-I decided to cremate the body. We are having the funereal on Tuesday."

Faye shoved her head in her hands. "I'll book a ticket so Jungwoo and I can fly out on Monday. We won't be able to stay long. Jungwoo has a-compacted job"

Faye wasn't in the mood to explain to her mom that her soulmate was Kpop royalty. "That works. Your aunt is calling from outside I need to go. Love you."

Faye didn't say anything as she hung up the phone. Just when she thinks she has life figured out- shit has to hit the fan.

She stood up and walked out of the small bathroom cubical. Her legs were asleep from sitting down so long.

Like stroppy child she walked back to the practice room. The boys were in a meeting on the floor below her.

As she opened her laptop- loud voices emerged in the doorway and nine familiar men walked, followed by their manager.

Jungwoo and the manager made a beeline towards Faye immediately. She gulped down the dryness in her throat as Jungwoo sat next to her and the manager sat across from them.

The managers face softened. "Faye my condolences. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad"

A weight lifted of her shoulders- it was sad that her dad died but she was relieved that she wasn't in trouble.

"I presume that there is going to be a funeral?" He asked.

Faye nodded. "I was just taking to my mum it's Tuesday."

The manager scratched the back of his head. "I know that you are in a time of grief but because of NCT 127 new comeback-"

"Faye can take as much time as she needs at home." Jungwoo said eyeing the manger almost threateningly.

The manager and Faye sat there wide eyed at Jungwoo sudden burst of protectiveness. "Uh-sure. You can take as much time as you need at home. We can make adjustments to Jungwoos schedule" 

"I appreciate that-but I'll only be gone for three day. We can leave Monday and be home by Wednesday." Faye stated.

The manager looked pleased at how short Faye wanted the trip to be-Jungwoo on the other hand looked shocked. "You sure that's long enough-"

"Yes it will be fine." Faye interrupted Jungwoo. He slumped back in his seat as Faye and the manager began talking about the logistics.

Originally this was going to be a Y/N fanfic but I decided not to- so I haven't said where Faye is from, so make it where ever you want

-coolbroski22