||C51||

~

Upon Leon's request they stopped at a McDonald's for a late lunch. Jungwoo was beginning to befriend the 16 year old boy and found his flashy personality comforting. Faye was afraid that Jungwoo would be scared of Leon.

"You have dogs in Korea right?" Faye rolled her eyes at her cousins blind stupidity.

"Yes." Jungwoo answered politely. Faye silently applauded his patience with her annoying cousin.

Leon began to rant on about how his parents wouldn't let him get a dog. Faye blocked his voice out as she began to recognize the familiar street getting closer to his house.

Her core began to tighten as she parked in front of her small childhood home. She slowly climbed out of the car and waiting for Jungwoo to follow.

After wordlessly grabbing her suit case-she waved goodbye to Leon. She offered for him to come in-but he claimed that her mum was in crazy mode. That didn't help sooth Fayes wild nerves.

"Ready?" Jungwoo asked he stood beside her- gazing up at the house. It was quant and had a homey look to it. Jungwoo thought it look nice-but Faye only thought of it as the place she escaped from.

After giving an affirming nod to Faye- Jungwoo followed her inside.

Faye began digging her finger nails into the palm of her hands in anxiety as she watched Jungwoo open the door.

"Hello?" She called out into the seemingly empty house. It looked like a show home-everything thing had a place. The house didn't smell homey-it smelt like cleaning detergent.

"Mum!" Faye heard shuffling followed by cautious foot steps. Her mother appeared from the entrance to the kitchen. An apron was tied tightly around her torso and a sundress flowed down her legs.

Her mother's sunken eyes widened at the sight of her daughter. "Sweet heart!" Her voice sounded like she had been crying.

A pang of guilt hit Fayes chest as her frail mother wrapped her in a hug. Her mum turned her gaze towards the nervous Jungwoo as she released Faye.

"Mum this is Jungwoo" Jungwoo awkwardly smiled and half bowed. He wasn't sure whether he should shake her hand or bow.

A small smile formed on Faye mums face. "It is so nice to meet you."

Fayes mother wasn't one for touching people so when she hugged Jungwoo just as tight as she had hugged Faye it surprised her.

"Thank you for letting me stay in your home Mrs-"

"Just call me mum." Fayes mum smiled. Fayes eyes widened at her mother sudden kindness-she had thought she would have to awkwardly introduce him.

Fayes mum left the soulmates to find Fayes room while she started on dinner. Jungwoo and Faye sauntered up the stairs and into Fayes bedroom.

Jungwoo was left shocked at the bright bedroom-it juxtaposed Fayes seemingly cold demeanour completely . The yellow walls had daisies climbing to the ceiling- a large window let the sun cascade down the walls. A single twin bed sat in the corner-it's pink quilt accented the bedroom nicely.

"Your room is very bright" Jungwoo noted as he placed his suit case on her carpet.

Faye let out a half hearted chuckle as she sat on the bed- childhood nostalgia flooded her brain "I know right. My mum never let me re decorate it."

"I like it." Faye stayed silent as Jungwoo began looking at the photo frames displayed on her desk beside the closet.

He recognized Leon in some of them- though Leon's hair wasn't blue it was a striking brown. One in particular that caught his eye was one with Faye and an older man-he guessed was her dad.

She was missing her front teeth and two French braids dangled down her shoulders. There was no stress evident on her face-only a bright gummy smile. Her father beside her had a toothy grin and resembled his daughter exactly.

"Is this your dad and you?" Jungwoo asked as he carefully pick up the frame and help it up for her to examine.

Faye nodded and a remorseful smile danced on her lips. "That was the day I finished grade one."

"You should put your hair in braids more often-they look cute on you." Faye froze and she let the fact that Jungwoo just called her cute sink in. A pink hue infiltrated her cheeks.

"I'll think about it."