roku

When Jimin came to, the first thing he noticed was that his head was not aching anymore, but it felt lighter when his eyelids felt heavier

When Jimin came to, the first thing he noticed was that his head was not aching anymore, but it felt lighter when his eyelids felt heavier. Squinting his eyes open the first thing he was greeted with were three faces looking down on him, Namjoon, Taehyung and Jungkook.

The inside of Jimin's mouth felt bitter, his lips dry. Licking on his bottom lip he squinted again. "Oh, he woke up," Taehyung's voice floated in the air before it reached him.

The faces were gone now, Jimin looked up at the strange white ceiling. Then sat up on the bed, but it was not his bed, not the one from Busan or the one from the bulletproof boys dorm.

A bag of saline was attached to his arm, his bed and the coversheet pristine white, a blue veil surrounding him with the three others sitting on their respective chairs close to him.

"You fainted last night because of high fever so we took you to the hospital. The fever has subsided now," the brunette, Namjoon said with a voice that gave away he was tired.

"Oh," Jimin only said to himself. The needle stuck on his arm all of a sudden starting to feel very real, he could feel it just sitting there inside his vein after piercing his skin tissues and muscles.

He hated needles.

"You slept for almost twenty four hours. So you missed school today," Namjoon added and suddenly Jimin felt a bit alarmed. How was he supposed to tell his mom about this? Wait, did she even care anymore?

"And we all took care of your hospital bill together, since we felt like it was partly our faults. You don't need to worry about that," Namjoon sighed softly and it suddenly dawned on Jimin.

What he did last night, every piece of memory that were lost in the sea of his plastic dreams slowly started to come back one by one. Jimin looked down biting on his lower lip hard and started to hope it was all a fever dream.

"Boy, were you scary... hyung, I mean. I should call you that," he could feel a familiar voice say tentatively. Jungkook shifted on his seat. "Are you feeling better though?"

Again, Jimin was hating this. Among the many problems he had there was one in particular he absolutely despised, his explosive anger.

He had a tendency to keep things in, suffer in silence for days, weeks, months even until one day he'd burst and lash out to someone and when he couldn't find that someone he'd take vengeance on himself.

Jimin thought that it had stopped, he was past puberty now. He thought he had his anger in control but here he was.

Tears started to well up against the corner of his eyes again. This always came after. Rain after the lighting buzz and thunder storm, tears after the pent up anger and frustration.

"I'm not from Seoul by the way," Taehyung said all of a sudden and Jimin looked up at him with eyes filled with despair.

"I feel like I should say this, that I'm a country pumpkin just like you. I was born and raised in a village in Daegu," Taehyung huffed out, his arms crossed over his chest.