ku

The sky above was a dull gray in the afternoon, the clouds even darker and looming over the dorm in a dreading manner, the hollow wind around sighed and wallowed

The sky above was a dull gray in the afternoon, the clouds even darker and looming over the dorm in a dreading manner, the hollow wind around sighed and wallowed. Taehyung shuddered to himself with his hands covering his upper body as pitter patter rain continuously dripped from the eyes of the sky like bottled up tears.

There was a musty smell of the rain, every time the sky would cry it would erupt and with the weather telling everyone it was okay the smell would evaporate again, just like that.

Taehyung liked that damp smell. It reminded him of his village, his grandpa nonstop worrying for the tomato fields when it drizzled. But Taehyung would find his little palms against the cold glass of the windows, or sometimes his chin propped on a hand placed on the wooden frame as he'd admire the sound and the smell of the rain.

The sunny days were fine too. Sweat would prickle down his neck to his overalls, he would find his boots splashing against the clammy mud of the sunflower fields as he would run around with his eyes closed. He knew, even if he would fall the nature would catch him.

The city life was okay with him, but some days the melancholy of his sweet old childhood would twirl around his head and make his heart squeeze in pain.

"The song goes really good with the weather." He found Jimin next to him on the porch they were standing on, the boy mirroring the same posture as Taehyung as he watched it rain.

"Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time you are near,
Just like me, they long to be,
Close to you,"

The faint sound of the old music danced around the howling air, sometimes getting pushed away by the breeze and sometimes again catching up with it.

No wonder Taehyung felt so nostalgic, he always loved to hear the songs his grandma would play in their radio. He'd love to touch the vinyls decorated in his grandpa's study.

"It's the landlord living in the second floor," Taehyung said in the lowest tone he could just so his voice wouldn’t sweep away the song too like the wind.

Silence between them befell again and he could somehow feel that the shorter was enjoying this with him, and it made a smile curve up on his face. "You notice the girl?" he nudged Jimin with his elbow.

When he turned to Jimin he had his eyes following the girl strolling by the entrance gate, a few feet away because of the lawn that was in the middle. Her short hair up to her neck, and her face faintly visible under her scarf. A yellow umbrella above her head.

Jimin had his eyes squinting as if he was noticing her for the first time, even though she had been here for some time. Taehyung had to let out a chuckle seeing the one next to him.

"Who is she? Here for any of us?" Jimin had his furrow still on when he turned to Taehyung in which the latter shrugged.

"That's what I can tell. You'll see her again in some days," Taehyung exhaled emptying out his lungs. Suddenly he felt like he was craving something, craving something on this weather exceptionally real bad.