ni ju nana

"Has anyone seen Jungkook?" Namjoon carefully put down the stack of books to the dining table as he stepped closer

"Has anyone seen Jungkook?" Namjoon carefully put down the stack of books to the dining table as he stepped closer. His eyes landed on Jin first who shrugged in response, Taehyung and Jimin later who were standing there eating kimchi fried rice out of the bawl eyed Namjoon silently.

Hoseok and Yoongi too had entered just then. Hoseok's curls bouncing up and down when he frolicked towards them, Yoongi following with a ghastly ashen face and clattering teeth, probably for the freezing temperature outside. Namjoon yanked off his baseball cap and exhaled with exasperation.

"I was out to get some books from the library then the landlord called me." The brunet eyed
everyone in the room before speaking out the rest, "He said Jungkook's rent has been due this month and asked about his whereabouts, cause he can't reach Jungkook's number."

"I can't reach his number either," Taehyung said, is lips forming an upside down frown. "I was getting a bit worried not seeing him at the dorm."

"What do you mean? He hadn't come back to the dorm?" Jin enquired with a slight amount of alarm in his tone which made even the sunny disposition of Hoseok grow sombre.

"What's actually happening here?" Hoseok whispered. Though he had heard everything from the top, Namjoon's first question too, he wasn't sure where this conversation was leading up to. He suddenly had his guts wrenching for no reason at all, the quizzical expression on everyone else's faces said they were feeling the same way.

"I don't know?" Taehyung looked visibly uncomfortable with all the eyes on him. "I just haven't seen him around. Maybe he's come and gone-"

"He hasn't," Yoongi replied solemnly. "I hardly sleep at night, I haven't seen him. Not at the campus too."

"Are you sure about this?" Hoseok barely voiced out, his tone laced with concern.

"I don't feel good about this," Jimin piped to himself, the kimchi fried rice laid unattended on the table along with Namjoon's books, lying on neglect as everyone was doubting themselves and the air was quickly getting heavier.

"Ah, come on!" Jin waved a hand in the air as if he was brushing it off. "He's probably staying at somewhere else. His friend's or relative's, and he must've gotten here when we were outside. No way he'd keep his door unlocked for two weeks."

No one looked convinced by his analogy, not even Jin himself could keep the sagacity on his face anymore.

"Has it been two weeks?" Taehyung gulped loudly, or perhaps it rather wasn't so loud but sounded so in the swallowen atmosphere of the dorm.

"I have a very bad feeling about this..." Jimin looked like he was about to cry. No one stepped up to assure nothing was wrong anymore.

Because something definitely was wrong. And it wasn't the weather getting colder, freezing out the water pipes, and the icy wind wallowing around the closed doors, but someone was missing