juu ichi

JIN looked at his reflrction and felt like he was looking at someone else

The white shirt made him look handsome, the Armani black suit with a matching tie that his parents had given him on his last birthday fit him perfectly, but when he watched himself in the mirror of his room all he saw was a stranger that only had his face.

The corners of his eyes were red and his once neatly combed hair looked tousled. Combing the mess on his head with his hand he tried to force a smile on his face, which did not work. So he went and sat on the edge of his pristine white bed and flashbacks of what had happened in the previous hours ran through his mind.

He did not think he would see that person today.

Jin had lived a lavish life, his parents were rich and busked him in a lush lifestyle yet they also wrapped him around in a golden satin cloak. Jin always got whatever he wanted but not what he needed.

Freedom was one of the things he needed.

Even when he was living in the dorm by himself now, much to his parent's disdain, the shackles of his past had made its way latching onto his bones.

He was breathing and sleeping in his own skin of course, but did not feel so.

Often he would meet his parents and they would remind him what they needed from him. What he needed, was never really important anyway.

When Jin met up with his mother to have lunch in an expensive traditional restaurant as they had scheduled a week earlier, he thought she had brought him to meet with some business partner he'd soon get affiliated with, or another conglomerate who would come in handy someday.

The golden and black interior, the wooden table, and bonsais decorated alongside the private eating room at the restaurant were suffocating Jin, the tie too.

That's why he found himself outside the men's toilet and going through his own Instagram account where he had uploaded pictures of food he had made or ate outside on several occasions.

However, when he felt his mother approaching him with quick short steps on her black high heels he quickly locked off his phone and stood still with his hands down in a polite manner.

"They are here," she said as if she was spilling a secret, a few creases on her aged forehead. His mother was shorter than him and from above he could see the few gray hairs carefully hidden behind her dark ones.

Like a habit her hands glided on the pearl necklace that adorned her neck and fit her black dress well, but there was a frown on her small face and Jin found her looking at his hand placed by his side, his phone.

"What is that?" She pointed with the same hand that was stroking her necklace before it met the back of her neck and she looked up at him in worry.

"This?" Jin lifted his hand, a white alpaca doll with a red scarf was attached to his phone's case. "I got it from one of my housemates."

Jin recalled Hoseok coming by with two key chains one day, one that was shaped like a horse and another that was this, an alpaca. "Which should I use?" He asked Jin with a furrow on his face before laughing and choosing the horse himself anyway.