hachi

There was a glass, half of it filled with water, of course for someone to drink but Taehyung had it held before his right eye, his left one closed as he looked through the glass and watched the cafeteria looking opaque, everyone and everything str...

There was a glass, half of it filled with water, of course for someone to drink but Taehyung had it held before his right eye, his left one closed as he looked through the glass and watched the cafeteria looking opaque, everyone and everything stretched out in his vision, faces of anyone barely recognizable.

"Are you doing weird shit again?" Taehyung muscles quickly tensed up as he found his male classmate sitting in front, laughing at him.

Taehyung put down the glass and gave the male his renowned blank face. "Yeah, like your mom giving birth to you." That comeback was weak, but the others surrounding him laughed anyway including the boy he said that to.

"I can't believe you made such a lame joke," the girl in red beside him pushed him a bit on the shoulder as she cackled by herself.

Other times, Taehyung might have laughed too but today he did not feel like it. Did not feel like doing anything, putting up with this pretense that this was his group of best friends, this was where he found home to. He just couldn't today.

His mind felt like it was a blank state only to be filled with countless of thoughts, memories, feelings that erupted from nowhere and made him sleepless.

Why? He had had this phase during his adolescent years. His edgy teen days where he as reluctant to mix with anyone because he did not fit in.

Now he had friends, he tried hard to shove away his complex yet simple and sometimes 'abnormal' as what others deemed of, behavior and thoughts out of the way.

Except he was still the same. He still did not fit in, not how he'd like to anyway.

From his peripheral vision he saw Jimin at the other table and he wondered if this veil of negativity swirling around him was because of the latter. Taehyung should've felt a bit furious, or agitated but he didn't, so he just stirred his food around with his metal chopsticks until he abruptly stood up with his tray.

He then left the table, his mates hollering from the back but he just did not feel like answering today too even though he knew he would be bombarded with many many questions the very next day.

Jimin looked up at him with his spoon inside his mouth as Taehyung pulled out the chair next to him and sat there. "So-" Taehyung started, Jimin pulled out the spoon and looked up at him with expectant eyes.

"How's things going with your roommate Yoongi hyung? I always thought if he had a bit of mood, you know, that cranky behavior. Though I've never seen him act out."

Before Taehyung knew words were flying out of his mouth, he asked himself if he was just in the mood to talk today. But before he was quiet, he actually wanted it to be quiet too. Maybe staying silent for so long had caused this volcano explosion.

Jimin swallowed his food and raked Taehyung's face as if he was looking for something. "Well," the shorter looked away and slightly tilted his head to the other side. "We haven't really talked that much. He's really busy so I don't see him often too. But overall, he feels like a nice person to me."

Taehyung nodded to himself for a short second. It was his first time striking up a conversation with this boy in the university, scratch that, first time Taehyung actually decided to talk to him willingly.

"Hoseok hyung is really busy too. I hardly see him but sometimes-" Taehyung spoke and he could feel Jimin gulping down his each words, why, why this meaningless conversation.

"Does bizarre things. He often talks in his sleep too and sometimes acts scary when he's actually awake. When I first got here in the dorm, I could hardly sleep at night because of him mumbling stuff. But if you know him he's a very cheerful person," Taehyung completed and turned to Jimin.

What was with this jibber jabber? He wondered again if this was his brains way to cope with his current restless mind.

"Yoongi hyung and you seem like you get along well. Maybe because of your height, you both have the same short height-" Taehyung watched Jimins face fall so he abruptly halted.

He had seen that look before when Jimin first came to the dorm too, maybe Jimin did not like that.

Just like Taehyung did not like people pointing out that he was sometimes strange, peculiar than the rest.

That he was fourth dimensional, an alien born in the human society.

Taehyung realized that he was grabbing on his chopsticks hard. He cleared his throat, "anyway, do you have an umbrella now because it looks like it will rain today-"

"Just who are you calling a shorty?" A girl with her tray sat beside the other vacant chair next to Jimin.

Her feline eyes bored onto Taehyung, soon a crease appeared on the middle of her eyebrows. "You're that guy who stole money from him the other day!"

It was Taehyung's turn to furrow, he peered to look at the girl with long wavy hair. "I borrowed."

"You stole!" She protested with her eyes wide and jaw opened.

Taehyung averted at the boy who almost had sunk in his seat in the middle. Jimin taking in the blue haired expression turned to face the violent girl. "Yeah, he borrowed. Taehyung is from my dorm. He's a fashion designing major."

The girl's judging eyes looked up and down at Taehyung before she faced away. "She's Sangah, my friend from my major." Jimin told him as if it was his responsibility to carry out the formal introduction.

Taehyung's eyes glanced up at Jimin and the girl called Sangah back and forth. Why in the world did he think it was baffling for Jimin to have a friend here in the university? In his mind Taehyung had pictured him as a lone sheep, not a lone wolf. Jimin did not feel like a wolf.

"And yes I bought an umbrella after you gave me the money back the other day," Jimin said as if he suddenly remembered the earlier conversation and proceeded on his soup.

It struck Taehyung right then and there.

Because he had thought Jimin was a misfit too, like Taehyung. That Jimin was a lone sheep too, like Taehyung.

Maybe that's why the thoughts about himself would occur when he felt Jimin nearing him. Because watching Jimin made him feel like he watching his own self that he wanted to bury deep somewhere in his heart, he knew, Jimin and him were so different yet similar in one unique way.

"Hey, guys," from a bit afar he saw Jungkook approaching them with a toothy grin on his face.

He had never seen Jungkook in this one cafeteria and he thought if it was because him suggesting the younger that food here was better than the other cafeterias.

From Taehyung's side Jimin's hand quickly rose up to acknowledge Jungkook but fell the next second and Taehyung noticed that Jungkook had just pivoted on his feet and left right away.

"Well... he's a bit shy of girls," Taehyung looked to his side and his eyes fell on Jimin first, then the girl next to him.

"What a pity," Sangah sighed and stared at the entrance where only a figmant of Jungkook's back could be seen until it disappeared. "He was really cute."

---
A/n: I watched a Korean movie called 'tune in for love' and I'd highly recommend it! If you like beautiful cinematography, coldplay and like to cry by yourself.

I haven't really slept in the last 3 days bc of my insomnia. If you find a mistake here please forgive me.

I might be an insomniac crazy b but hey I still love you ;) you got my crazy ass behind you for the rest of your life