shichi

TAEHYUNG was used to being alone

Not alone in the sense of actually being alone, but feeling alone despite being in the midst of people. A feeling of loneliness that would never leave him and always rest on the back of his mind.

To him, it felt better being actually alone then feeling alone when there were supposedly people 'close' to him surrounding his space.

Like now while he was standing behind the cash register of the convenience store as evening approached with its blue cloak. He had gotten this job three days ago and he noticed there would never be any customers around this time.

That's why, this had become his favourite time of the day.

A few minutes later his shift would be over and he would leave closing the door until the other part timer would come according to their time.

Till then Taehyung would enjoy the falling evening by standing there in silence while his red headphones would hang loosely around his neck blaring some music he'd have on shuffle.

He liked the feeling of having the headphone playing music on his neck sometimes, rather then placing it on his head. The music would distantly reach out to his ear as if it was coming from another place, a faraway place from this.

Kind of like the reminiscent of the old radio his grandma would play at the house while he would play on the lawn outside by himself. Sometimes he would put his ear carefully on a window and listen to the old pop music standing there, rather than going inside.

He always knew he was a bit peculiar. But that was okay.

As he slipped away from his green vest and took a step outside the register he heard the bell of the store chime. Two people entered disrupting his last few seconds of lone enjoyment.

However, the two shorter ( than him) boys were very familiar.

"Yoongi hyung?" Taehyung stood in awe, the music had stopped and the red headphone laid on the back of his neck without serving its purpose.

Yoongi too stood silently but only for a second before he slowly strutted toward the register, getting behind it and pulling out another green vest from his bag. "I work here."

He was the other part timer Taehyung was unaware of.

"Oh, I had gotten the job here a few days ago," he answered but only then he remembered the other lad standing there, the one he had completely brushed off when in their drunken states a few nights ago that very lad made it clear he wanted some form of acknowledgement being born in the same year.

Taehyung was just about to do that but when he turned around Jimin wasn't there.

Another clicking sound made him follow to see that the said boy was opening the refrigerator of the store. Taking out two ice cream cones he came and placed them on the cashiers table.