juu ni

"I heard that you were sick that day," August's hazel eyes were drinking in Jin and the latter could only focus on the warm cup of coffee before him, wisps of cloud emitting from it before dying down

Begrudgingly Jin put a finger down the neck of his black turtleneck sweater, as if the soft material was too tight circling around his throat. Jin thought it might be nostalgic to see August after so many years, but he only felt like he was being weighed down by something.

"It's so good to see after such a long while, Jin. You seem like you have changed a lot," August's voice was almost like a whisper. He would not avert his gaze from Jin even for a second, watching him almost as if he was a mystery.

"People change," the words were heavy on Jin's tongue. He shifted on his seat again but this time, he tried to match August's gaze.

Nothing had seemed to change in him. The curly locks in a murky shade of brown still tousled on August's head, eyes still as curious and glittering like pearls in the sea, when he smiled he still showed his gum.

The only changes were that he was not wearing his glasses anymore. His bare and beautiful eyes were for everyone to see, not only for Jin when he would remove the boy's heavy glasses and stare into those translucent set of hazel green pearls before they would both burst out into fits of giggles.

His cheekbones had also become more prominent, almost like his American father. His voice a stark deeper too, despite all that he still had the boyish innocence engraved on his face.

Then it struck Jin. He was only feeling uncomfortable because he was the one who was a stranger here. Not August.

"I, on the other hand," August heaved a small sigh before tilting his head to the front and letting out a soft chuckle by himself. "I gave up on college, dropped out. It's just not my thing. I want to start a small business but before that, I kinda wanna travel the world."

"That's always been your dream," Jin found himself whispering for no reason, in which the other boy laughed triumphantly.

Jin could see how much August was enjoying his presence but the dark haired could only feel strange when the past memories came to him, as if they were not his own but he was looking at the recollections through a kaleidoscope.

"Yeah," August mused taking a sip of his coffee. "I also came out to my parents. It was hard for them to consume at first but later they accepted it."

Eyes slowly going wide Jin stared at the hazel boy but then he remembered how different August's parents and his environment were than his.

That was also the reason why Jin would find himself more in the mansion next door with a vast green lawn and flower garden attached to it, the other reason was August himself of course.

August lived in a carefree and frolic environment where bubbles, butterflies, and giggles danced around the atmosphere, Jin could feel his shackles free him whenever he would find himself there.