san ju

If happiness and sadness were two sides of a coin, after flipping it Jungkook's coin must had fallen on the narrowed side of it, and now, it was balancing itself there like an acrobat prancing on a rope

Jungkook didn't know if he was sad or happy, perhaps neither, or either, he only realized that these days had been a fuzzy blur to him. As they kept passing him, by he had often asked himself if he really had spent all his twenty one years of life like this.

In the pervasive pattern of him trying to search through his recollections, one struck on him, the first time he got introduced to the idea of webcamming.

Jungkook put a hand under his shirt on the surface of his sinking stomach, it had been some time he since had eaten a proper meal.

He felt like he was reclining in a bath tub filled with water, too lazy to get up and too tired to push through the pressure of the water. As if he was holding his breath in the stagnant water he was under, and he could see blue and grey and nothing at the same time.

He was eighteen when he was acquainted with a boy of same age. They were in the same club and they both practiced basketball after school hours. It was funny how Jungkook couldn't remember his name clearly as well even though it hadn't been that long.

He did recall that the boy had a similar physique to him and a head filled with chocolate brown curls. The coach sometimes mixed up between them. While Jungkook's jersey said number ten, his was nine.

Jungkook wouldn't call nine his friend. He wouldn't call anyone his friend but companion that he needed to sometimes be with because life worked that way.

Nine joked around a lot, had older friends that were in college and he was certain he was going to U.S.A for scholarship after this. Jungkook didn't know if nine really moved away as he hadn't seen nine since high school.

"See this chick?" He would often show his girlfriends' photos on his phone to the others, all of them would be older and the boys would gush about them and make a fuss. No one seemed as popular as nine.

When one day there wasn't anyone else in the basketball court and it was nearing to the closing hours, Jungkook was practicing alone and the other boy's bag laid there. He was spending a good amount of time in the washroom and after he came out Jungkook noticed his jersey was worn backwards.

"Huh, I think we need to go home for the day," he had commented as he hastily took his bag from the bench and grabbed a half empty water bottle, he chugged down the content in mere seconds.

"Yep!" Jungkook huffed out and let the ball go, it dribbled in the court alone. "Let's clean up."

Nine was surfing through his phone and let out a distanced hum in reply. After they were done, a chilly night greeted them outside. Even though Jungkook never looked at anything as extraordinary (and maybe that's why he couldn't reminiscence in his past, all were the same to him) yet he could remember the cold wind seeping in through his parka. It was around this time of the year now, probably.