Steve Harrington ~ Liked

A new mall in Hawkins had just opened and me and my friends were straight into it. It was full of clothes shop's, Food Courts, Snack shop's and a cinema.

Me and my group of 3 other people headed to scoops ahoy because our friend Robin said she had gotten a summer job there.

Me, Katie, Dan and Mary all looked around for Scoops Ahoy until we seen it in big writing.

We all went in and were met with Steve douchebag Harrington on the other side of the counter.

I had a grudge with him since one day I was talking to Dan and Steve came over and started talking to us normally which confused us both since he had no clue where we were.

He then started flirting with me and me having a fat crush on him at the time believed the little shit.

Then we started talking at home but never at school we got quite close then he just stopped talking to me and Tommy told me it was a dare and laughed in my face. I haven't talked to Steve since. He's tried to talk to me and apologise but I can't stand him now.

"Hey what can I do for yo-" Steve started speaking but stopped when he noticed me standing at the back. I rolled my eyes realising he had noticed me.

"Is Robin here" Mary asked him sweetly and tucked a small piece of hair behind her ear. Mary had a big crush on Steve and always tried to get him to notice her. We had a massive fall out when me and Steve were getting close because we both liked him.

We made up while me and Steve were really close because I didn't want to lose her over a guy.

"Y-yeah yeah she's in the back i'll go get h-her" Steve said his eyes still on me. He went through the back and we could all hear whispers.

Robin then came out and rushed over. "Hey guys" she said smiling and opened the ice cream glass slide thing.

"Want anything" she asked and I nodded. "Can I get Y/F/F (favourite flavour)" I asked her and she nodded scooping it out. Everyone asked for different flavours as I got handed my cone.

I licked it and looked at the door to the back and noticed Steve poking out looking toward me. He noticed me looking at him and threw himself out so he was outside of the door.

"Seen you looking at me wanting to see what's up" he said coughing trying to look cool and lean on the edge of the counter but his hand slipped and he fell slightly. He got back up quickly and coughed again and smiled awkwardly.

I rolled my eyes "sure you did" I said to him. Those were the first words I said to him in over 6 months probably.

He smiled widely as he heard me speaking to him. I groaned and faced my friends again while taking a lick of my ice cream.

They were all talking to Robin and there were people behind us in line. "Guys let's get a table Robin come get us your next break" I said and dragged them to a table.

We sat down and started talking. Robin walked over and sat down and I zoned out the conversation while watching Steve serve a bunch of ice cream.

"Y/N!" I heard someone shout and I looked toward the voice to see Dan. I made a 'mhm' noise indicating I was listening. "What is up with you you're so quiet" Katie asked me.

"It's nothing" I said resting my head in my hand as it leaned on the table. They all nodded and went back to their conversation. I found myself looking back at Steve and he looked bored and was leaning on the counter.

I looked at my friends and they were all deep in conversation they won't notice if I slip away. I got up and walked over to Steve. He looked over at me walking and his face lit up and he smiled.

"Hi" I said my face straight I was giving into him that easily. "Hey, i'm like really sorry abo-" He said but was cut off. "Steve!" someone shouted running in.

We both looked back to see the little boy that Steve's friends with. Dustin? I think. "Henderson kinda a bad time" Steve said motioning his head toward me and I just looked at Dustin.

"At least let me go to back" Dustin said and Steve sighed and nodded and Dustin ran to the back.

"Sorry about that what I was trying to say was that i'm sorry I was such a douche in high school and I want to tell I did like you seriously" he said. Did. He did like me meaning no longer do. I can't really complain I don't like him anymore but seeing him today I don't know anymore.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. He nodded "yep expected that reaction" he said.

"No Steve I liked you too" I said but i'm pretty sure he already knew that. "You did?" he asked. Is he really that dumb. "Yes of course why else would I have put up with you" I said smiling and he laughed slightly.

"When you go on break do you wanna go around the mall" I asked him looking at this hands. He had really nice hands i'd let them-.

"Sure yeah" he said smiling. He served a few more ice creams then he was on his break.

"Let's go then shall we" Steve said hopping over the counter as Robin went behind. I smiled and nodded.

We then went around the mall. He judged my outfits that I wore in the changing rooms of clothes shops. We had lunch in a good court and had a great time.

I'm going to let him back in my life and trust him this time let's hope neither of us fuck up.