Ch. 9 - Sleepover Pt. 2

Song: Welcome To Wonderland by Anson Seabra
Words: 1758
Published: June 12th, 2020
Third Person POV
Rayna

Rayna is woken up by a light being shone in her face. Once she opens her eyes, the light gets turned off, and she's met with Naomi.

"Good morning," she greets. Rayna groans and sits up.

"Morning." She rubs her eyes. "What time is it?"

"A little after eight," Naomi tells her, setting her phone down. She used the flashlight to wake Rayna up. Rayna stands up and stretches.

"What're we gonna do first?" she asks.

"Make breakfast," Naomi tells her. She nods. She ties her hair back to make it look at least somewhat tame. She was wearing a long sleeved shirt and pajama pants, which was good enough to walk around in.

The girls head into the kitchen. Of course no one's up yet, but they will once they smell the food they're making. After half an hour, they got some French toast, pancakes, and sausages laid out. Sure enough, the family start showing up to eat. Rayna manages to have a large pancake, piece of French toast, and a few sausages. Naomi eats quite a few sausages, making dirty jokes to Rayna.

Once they're finished, they head back to Naomi's room. They get dressed. Naomi puts on her favorite dress—a dark purple strapless with bits of orange in the skirt. She brushes her hair and leaves it down, then putting on minimal makeup. Rayna puts on a pair of high waisted white jeans under an off the shoulder dark grey long-sleeved shirt, showing off a thin black bra strap. She brushes her hair and leaves it down with it's waves. She gives also herself minimal makeup.

"I can't believe you're nineteen!" Naomi exclaims. "Are you excited?"

Rayna shrugs. "I guess."

"Damn, you're old."

Rayna let's out a single laugh.

"Yeah, sure."

"Do you know when you need to be back home?" Naomi asks, putting in her earrings. Rayna was never able to get her ears pierced, though she wants to.

"2 o'clock."

"Okay."

Once they're finished—Naomi with a purse and white chunky sneakers and Rayna with just her converse—they hop into Naomi's car to head to the mall. Luckily, things open pretty early there.

"Yeah, I'm definitely getting you new shoes," Naomi says, eyeing the worn out shoes on Rayna's feet. Rayna doesn't say anything.

They play quite a bit of music on the ride to the mall. Neither of them are exceptionally good singers, but they aren't terrible. Naomi is into mxmtoon and Broadway/musical songs, while Rayna likes anything with meaning and emotion, especially stuff that isn't mainstream. They both like older 70's, 80's, 90's, and 2000's music.

"Weeeee are the champioooooons!" Naomi belts out. Once again, the front two windows are down and the music is pretty loud.

"Just beat it!" Rayna yells out in the next song.

"I don't want no scrubs. A scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me," they sing together.

After about fifteen minutes, they pull up to the mall. Naomi rolls the windows up and turns the music down.

"Where do you wanna go first?" she asks, opening her door.

"I dunno," Rayna responds, stepping out of the car. They close the doors together.