Ch. 19 - Confidence

Song: Robin Hood by Anson Seabra
Words: 2469
Published: July 6th, 2020
Third Person POV
Harley

Two days after the entire ordeal with Harley locked in the dungeons, he decides to check in with the guards to figure out how his shy little mate managed to get inside. He sits in his office, looking up on his computer what guards were on duty. It was still early morning, and he had left Rayna in their bedroom not long ago, still sleeping.

Once he finds the names, he closes his eyes to search for their link in the Pack Psyche.

The Pack Psyche is a complex order of telepathic communication in a pack. Every pack has their own, and it's structured like little files organized by rank. In the Royal Pack, there's hundreds upon hundreds of these little files, and if someone doesn't have their file blocked off, the little files speak and are surrounded by auras of emotion. Someone who has never been apart of a Pack Psyche before could easily be overwhelmed by all of the little voices, but Harley is very much used to it.

He finds the first two guards files—the ones guarding the door—and mind-links them to come to his office in an hour. They agree.

In the meantime, while he waits for them, he continues working on what he failed to complete yesterday. He was a bit stressed with all of the work he had become behind on the day before, but Rayna completely diminished his negative emotions. So, now, he's finishing up the little he missed from yesterday.

At exactly 7:45 A.M., Harley gets a knock on his office door.

"Come in," he says, setting aside his first assignment of the day.

The door opens to reveal the two guards who Rayna had gotten to let her into the dungeons. They walk inside and stand behind the two chairs placed on the other side of Harley's desk as him.

"Good morning, Alpha," they greet at the same time, bowing.

"Good morning," he responds with an acknowledging nod. "You two may take a seat."

The two guards sit down.

"As you two both know, an incident two days ago caused me to be locked in the dungeons. My mate was somehow able to enter the dungeons to let me out," Harley explains. The two guards share a glance and nod. "I called you two here to ask some questions about how she got into the dungeons. You two are not in any sort of trouble. I am simply curious."

He sees a little bit of tension being released from their bodies as he says they aren't in trouble. No one wants to be in trouble with him.

"First, I would like you two to walk me through what happened."

The one on the left starts.

"We were guarding the door, like usual. It was probably around 9:40 P.M." They look towards the one on the right, who nods, agreeing. "We heard someone walking out of the trees and turned to see a small, young girl—your mate."

Harley holds up a hand to pause them.

"She is your Luna and will be called as such."

"Yes, Alpha," the two say, bowing their heads.

"Luna came out of the trees, and we told her that she shouldn't be out there, as we would with anyone else we would have found. That is when we realized she had the Mark of the King and your scent on her."