57%

- November 8th, 2:41 AM -

{Naruto}
So, you know that friend I told you about?

{Secret Admirer}
The one you kinda sorta reconnected with at the party?

{Naruto}
Yeah.

{Secret Admirer}
Of course.

{Naruto}
Well, there's a lot more to the story. The more I think about it, the more frustrated I get and Sakura is asleep so...

{Secret Admirer}
Shoot.

{Naruto}
Okay, so, it's Sasuke Uchiha.

{Secret Admirer}
Interesting. I didn't think you two would be buddy-buddy. He doesn't seem like the type you'd connect with.

{Naruto}
A lot of people agree with that notion but the fact that he's almost the opposite of me is what makes him so... appealing?

{Secret Admirer}
Trust me, I get that.

{Naruto}
I had such a big crush on him in middle school.

{Secret Admirer}
Woah.

{Naruto}
Okay, hear me out! I was going through puberty and figuring my shit out. Any guy who paid attention to me for more than five seconds was immediately attractive.

{Secret Admirer}
And that's all it was?

{Naruto}
No, it was more than that but... he was my best friend. I could never say that outright. It felt wrong to think about him in that way after we had grown up together.

{Secret Admirer}
That makes sense.

{Naruto}
I remember his hands being so soft. He grabbed my hand one day to drag me to class and I was like, "holy fuck, this man's hands."

{Secret Admirer}
BAHAHAHA!

{Naruto}
Dude, it's not funny! It wasn't just his hands. We were sleeping on his couch one night and I touched his cheek and it was softer than his hands.

{Secret Admirer}
You are a perv.

{Naruto}
You told me the other day you wanted to see me sweaty. The hypocrisy is shining through.

{Secret Admirer}
Such big words!

{Secret Admirer}
And I didn't know we were allowed to pull up receipts! If I knew that was something we could do, I would've pulled up so many by now...

{Naruto}
Anyways, it wasn't just because he was attractive or had soft skin...

{Naruto}
Do you know what happened to his parents?

{Secret Admirer}
I've heard rumors.

{Secret Admirer}
They got into a car accident when we were in middle school, right?

{Naruto}
Yeah, all he has left is his older brother, Itachi.

{Naruto}
You should have seen him after it happened. He comforted Itachi. He went all independent mode and started diving into his studies even more than he already had. I would go over to his house and he would be making supper because Itachi had to work. He took care of most of the chores, went to counseling without complaining, and never strayed out of line even when social services told him that he and Itachi might be separated.

{Naruto}
He was so brave and caring. I had no idea how he coped with it all.

{Secret Admirer}
That's a lot...

{Naruto}
Yeah, my heart broke for him but I always believed in him.

{Naruto}
When he stopped answering his phone and stuff... I found out that social services had separated them. Itachi wasn't old enough to get custody of Sasuke so they had to be apart for a year until Itachi was of legal age. Itachi went to a foster home across the state.

{Naruto}
I wonder if he just pushed everyone away after that.

{Secret Admirer}
He probably did. It seems like you are onto something.

{Naruto}
But it doesn't make sense because things should be better now, right? Itachi tutored me when he came back last year for extra university credits, which means he has custody of Sasuke now.

{Naruto}
So, what is stopping him from having me back in the picture?

{Secret Admirer}
I think he might just need a little more time. I'm sure he cares about you a lot if you were there for him during all that.

{Secret Admirer}
But remember, you liked him for all that time and he didn't know. Maybe he was hiding stuff from you too and maybe he needs to figure out his move from here.

{Naruto}
That strangely makes sense.

{Secret Admirer}
You talked to him at the party so he knows where you stand with things now. You put it out there that you want him back in your life.

{Secret Admirer}
All he needs to do now is make a decision.

{Naruto}
You are so good at this comforting thing.

{Secret Admirer}
That's very ironic.

{Naruto}
Why?

{Secret Admirer}
We'll talk later.

{Naruto}
Alright, goodnight! 💙

{Secret Admirer}
🧡