The Enchantress

Another day I found myself waking up to consciousness from an unconscious state, only this time it wasnt my room but the nurse's room. A blond haired nurse was standing by my bed and whispering to a very anxious Ossette . I reached out to grab her hand when the nurse stopped me . She put a gentle hand on my arm and pushed me back to bed . On noticing that I had finally woken up she squealed and  hugged me . The nurse gave a disapproving nod on her greeting , muttering an apology, we saw the nurse leave the room.  Ossette sighed in relief and said " I'm so happy for you. I was so scared that something would have happened to you Vic , god why did you run away like that in a forest that too on a full moon . You were extremely fortunate with the wolf you met though he wasn't." The wolf , yes I remembered , the meeting with Knox and then the wolf but what happened after that . I couldnt remember anything after I saw the wolf's eye that was the last thing I remembered . I shuddered at the memory of those golden glowing eyes . But how did Ossette know that I had met a wolf , I looked at her questioningly and was about to ask her when she replied " I spoke to Knox he told me about the wolf and as for why the wolf was unfortunate is ..." she was cut off by the nurse's shouting . She was shouting on two boys that I very well recognised . Ossette's boyfriend Chase and Knox. They were arguing over getting inside. Before the nurse could explode or the boys could create a ruckus I got up from the bed and moved out of the door . My appearance surprised both of them , Chase looked away but Knox stared into my eyes , he seemed angry . I didnt care much who was angry or annoyed I had to break the fight , I said " I'm coming out I feel good and I am ready to be dismissed ." I looked questioningly towards the nurse hoping she would give her approval , in response to my question she nodded but pointed out to my clothes and went away . I looked down to see that I was wearing a translucent gown similar to the one worn by the nurse , the only difference was that I hardly had clothes underneath it and she had a uniform . I shied away and then the actions of the boys registered . Knox still stared at me but only my face , he didnt seem too interested in anything else , well he had rejected me . The rejection came back to me but now I felt much more reasonable and comfortable. I went inside and got dressed up in my school robes . I had my first class to go to and I didnt want to be late . Before leaving the nurse informed us that Knox and I had a visit pending to my grandfather's office when he would return from his trip. We scrambled out before she could inquire about the events of the previous night. We parted our ways as Ossette and I walked towards our classes . I recounted yesterdays events to her . She had already heard much from Knox , my side of the story was little more detailed than his but I certainly left out the part about the talks we had on the roof , it felt too private and wrong to discuss . Ossette was about to say something when our teacher hurried us inside the class . Classes passed by . Assassination was cancelled as our teacher was unavailable , other classes passed by and Ossette and I did not get an opportunity to speak to each other . Ossette signaled me to meet her after class outside the library. My mind kept wandering off to Knox . I wanted to apologise for running away but then he had rejected me. I didnt  want to face him alone or even talk to him about last night's events , I was already embarrassed by my actions last night , extremely childish and so not me.

 Ossette and I met after our classes , she kept dragging me somewhere . I reluctantly followed her when all I wanted was to rest in my room. Last night's events still had me worn out , I felt weak and my body ached.  Soon we saw the two of them waiting there for us , in the next corridor we stepped into . Instead of stopping by, we all walked towards an empty classroom . When inside, the silence was broken by Chase who came up to me and hugged me . I was shocked by his display of affection , we had grown quite good friends but I doubted that he just did that out of sheer friendship , while he hugged me his eyes were trained on Knox trying to decipher something . Knox had his blank expression carved on his face . Chase then moved on to hug Ossette and started showering her with kisses , it was a little too much for me to bear.