Parents Day

After that traumatic experience inside the prison and the revelation that it held had shaken me. I wanted to be alone all the time . Ossette had asked me a lot of times about what had happened back there but I refused to tell her or anyone about it .It was a secret I promised to carry to the grave. After a  few fights , disagreements and arguments, Ossette had finally conceded defeat. I avoided the topic like plague and after sometime she was probably habituated to it. Days had passed by quickly and now it was December , the cold month. Snow was the only thing that made me like it , too much of cold always irritated me .

 By the time the first week of December set in, my mood was like a rotten apple and it got worse . I wasnt the only one irritated by all the cold , Ossette too seemed irritated and jumpy , extremely. We hardly spoke nowadays , she spent time with Chase as he drove the winter irritation away as she said and also adding a taunt that he never hid secrets. I usually ignored the remarks and pretended like she didnt say anything which got her even more upset and angry and generally after such an interaction she stormed away in fury . I tried following her but it was of no use also I didn't know what to say to her so I just kept silent and the next day she would come on her own and join us . Amelia spoke to us and kept the conversation going . Knox and I hardly saw each other anymore due to my willingness to stay alone and also the exams which loomed upon our heads . A few days ago our Defensive magic teacher had announced that  our exams would be conducted at the end of the month which meant only 4 weeks left for preparation . To be honest it wasn't enough. At first, 4 weeks seemed like a lot of time but as I started studying I realised that it was hardly anything . Also our practical exams would be held simultaneously which meant assassination would also be an exam and what was worse was that it was compulsory for all students who attended that class to pass it. So now I had hours of studying in the library , practicing spells and after that an hour of practice with Cole for my assassination test which was quite tough and  tiring . After this hectic schedule I felt my body ache for hours before I would drift off into a deep slumber and had no nightmares thankfully. Between all this I had a feeling that I may have isolated myself from my friends but facing them or lying to their faces would be worse so isolation seemed best . 

Even during the long runs or fights with Cole I never spoke much listening to his stories and the news of the school. Once or twice he had mentioned that I seemed awfully quiet nowadays but I avoided the talk and instead drew his focus to the training. The days were in brief quite awful, the only good thing was the fact that Amanda and Knox no more seemed stuck to each other. Knox had ignored her for a few days and seeing as he neither approached me or her , she had left him alone and gratefully left the school to go on a tour with the guards. I was glad that her presence didnt make these very tough days even more tough. I wanted to talk to Will but he had left town and was out with the healers on work . I had a feeling he would return after exams as Amanda was returning then too. One day during practice with Cole he asked " Remember what is tomorrow ??" I looked at him with a questioning look, he replied " It's parents Day ,all parents come and meet their children who have been living away from them, communicate with the teachers as they like and go away after the day is over .. its fun at times" 

 hmm parents days was almost like the ones we had as humans in boarding schools though I wouldnt know as I didnt attend one of those. To my bewildered expression he asked " Don't the humans have it in their schools ??" I replied " yes they do but like don't we get holidays, so what's the use of parents days ?? and also how will all parents be able to enter this place , I mean isnt it protected by enchantments plus the crowd would attract attention , I mean a crowd of people moving to the cemetery away from the town .. fishy much ??" Cole seemed amused he replied " Of course it would be too fishy that is why all students whose parents have to attend this have to go and register and according to that through the transportation chamber in the school they enter and leave. It's fun to travel through the chamber it transports you to wherever you want only you will have to have the transportation password of the particular chamber ", a transportation chamber , why had I never seen it then I realized I had missed the tour of the school because Ossette had to go and meet Chase. I asked " Where is it ??"