Chapter 3

—Win Metawin—

Gulf is so annoying; throughout the class, he's always just blabbering about what happened between him and Mew, as if I care. But I'm very thankful that it's already been dismissed; I won't be hearing Gulf's annoying voice anymore.

So now I'm heading to the school's parking lot, where Bright parked his car. I bet he's already there because he usually walks a lot faster than me, and guess what? I'm correct; he's already there waving at me. To be honest, I sometimes imagine that we are college boyfriends. He'll pick me up, and everyone will be jealous because I have a handsome boyfriend from the faculty of engineering. But it was all just my imagination, nothing more.

I went to him to greet him, but I heard him say something that I shouldn't have heard.

"I think I'm in love."

"H-huh? What do you mean? "Are you sick?" I tried to act normal, but my voice just cracked, and I felt a sore on my throat.

"I mean, like, not literally in love, but I think it was love at first sight."

"So who's the unlucky girl?" Is it a girl? Duh, of course Win, he is straight.

"Our new classmate, her name is Earn, and she's just so beautiful that I want to marry her already and make her my wife."

"You must be overreacting." I tried faking my laugh and being jolly around him, but he seemed so serious. So Earn, aye? What a lucky girl!

"And did you know, Win, that we are seat mates? We even ate lunch together! It was just so be—wait, Win, are you listening?! what?

"W-what?"

"You're spacing out. Are you okay?" He looked concerned.

"Yeah, I'm just tired. You know it's the first day of school, and I exerted too much effort plus Gulf's being annoying again, and he just literally shared his sex life with Mew!"

"Oh, I don't know how to react, but let's just head home, and you should get some rest."

"Yes boss." I smiled; at least he still cared.

All along the ride, I was asleep, so I didn't notice that we had already arrived at our house. Bright woke me up with a gentle smile and said good night to me. The nerve to actually say good night when you broke my heart without even knowing

I went inside our house, took a shower, and went off to bed. I can't sleep, so I decided to share what I heard hours ago about Bright being "iN lOve". I just really don't get why he said that when it's only been hours since they knew each other. Maybe it's just a crush, not literally like Love! Duh, wait, Win, are you jealous?! No, wtf?! I'm just saying that he's so dumb for being like that! Why do you look so tense and angry? —Wait, why am I talking to myself like a fool? I should share this with Gulf and Gun, even though they're a bunch of crackheads, but when it comes to situations like this, they're the best people you could run off to.

Confident Bottoms GC•

Gun: Win are you okay?

Win: Huh? What do you mean? Of course I am.

Gulf: Well, physically, yes, you're stable, but emotionally, are you? Mew told us that Bright had "already" found his one and only. Is that true?

Win: Earn's really not his one and only like c'mon you guys, they just met for like hours. How could y'all define that as 'LOVE'?!

Gulf: Well, you're partly right, but do you believe in love at first sight? I think that's the appropriate word in Bright's situation.

Win: I know.

Gun: So are you okay?

Win: Seriously, are you really asking me that? Ofcourse not! I mean, it hurts since I really love him, and I don't know what to do. I mean, should I watch him fall for someone else and let my heart be broken because of him? I seriously want him, and I think I also need to be selfish sometimes, but will he be happy if I lock him in my heart knowing that he'll be happy with someone else? Should I let go of my feelings for him since he already found his happiness, or should I fight back? I don't know what to do anymore; I am just his best friend, and I think our relationship won't go any further, but I still want to try.

Gulf: Well, that's a tough one, Win, but if I were you, I would just observe Bright first to see if there are any changes in his personality or in his physical or mental state, and whether that girl would be a good influence on him or not. Then, after observing, ask him his true feelings for her or maybe for you, and then you would know your decision.

Gun: I seriously agree on Gulf Even if he's crazy sometimes, you just need time, Win. Don't take everything too seriously and too fast; we're just on chapter 3 and you already want to end your story? Dude, I want to have a moment with Off!

Gulf: Okay Gun, what are you saying?

Gun: nothing

Win: guys thank you so much for your advice, i really don't know what to do if you two weren't here for me.

Gulf: Nah don't mention it, we're the toughest bottoms afterall.

Win: STFU I'M THE TOP.

Gun: I suddenly can't read. Can you read Gulf?

Gulf: Nah, I think my eyes went blurry.

Win: I hate you two!!

I ended the chat, and these motherfuckers just literally made fun of me, but I'll try observing him from now on. I hope he won't fall for that girl. Let me be selfish just once. Let me be happy, please.

【𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝: A BrightWin Story】