Chapter 31

—Bright Vachirawit—

We are currently at the front of our building to ask Earn some important questions like how Win is doing with Luke but they still have classes today so it might be late than expected. We finished our class an hour before Win's so I hurriedly asked Earn if we could talk but not privately since it's not that confidential. We both sat at one of the benches here and started talking;

"Earn are you and Luke together?" I asked straightly, I mean what's the point of calling her if I won't speak straightly what I've been thinking about for the past months.

"Where did you find out about us?" She said.

"I just noticed how you two became close."

"Yeah, we're together."

"Congratulations then." I don't want to sound so rude but the fact that she was already taken and still she's hanging out with me and giving me false hopes made me annoyed.

"No it's not what you think Bright, listen to my explanation first."

"Then I'll be listening."

"Luke and mine's parents are close, ever since we we're kids we already knew each other, we went to the same school when we we're in preschool till middle school. When we became high school students Luke's parents decided that he should study abroad and as a girl who doesn't want to get away from her first love I followed him abroad and his parents knew about my feelings for their son and I just woke up one day that they already set us up in to an arrange marriage. Of course at first I thought our parent's plan are stupid because who really believes in arrange marriage and it's really not that 'in' to this generation and I'm really scared because I keep questioning myself 'what if it won't work for the both of us?' But on the second thought I agreed to their plan because who wouldn't say no to the one you loved since you we're kids? Luke and I made an agreement that we would act sweet in front of our parents and act as strangers outside but it didn't last long since our parents found out what we we're doing and made us went back here to start a new life but unfortunately he met Win and our agreement continued here until you came and said that you liked me, I am really sorry for hurting your feelings and acted so stupid but when you realized your feelings for your bestfriend I was happy because you already admitted it to yourself that you love your bestfriend and not me."

"You also knew about that?"

"Yeah, it was really obvious. Do you still remember when you used to fetch me at our house? You would always say that the passenger's seat belongs to Win and there wasn't a single day that we wouldn't talk about him. And also the day when we went at the mall I know you also saw Win and Luke at the cinemas that time and I saw how you looked at Luke with pierced eyes and full of hatred. So I really thought that you didn't liked me or just an infatuation and just wanted me to be friends. I was shocked at first that you didn't knew about your feelings for him but in the end I was glad that you finally realized it." She smiled and I also did to, and now I want to ask her the question that really bugs me until now and I needed an answer coming from her mouth.

"Earn why did you agreed to let me court you?" That's what I wanted to ask her and I know she answered honestly because of how she looks at me.

"Remember when I first entered our classroom? You we're the first one who treated me like I belonged here and never left my side, I felt comfortable around you and I admit I started liking you but when I heard that Luke is getting close to Win I thought that making you my boyfriend would change his mind and come back to me or at east respect me as his fiancé but it didn't worked out, instead Luke and I had a deep fight and that's when I found out that Win has feelings for you. He said that he wanted to protect him, to treat him how he deserves and cherish him like he was the only one who's important to him. I was hurt but I don't want to show it to him because he might think that I'm weird and I was affected by him and it was true, they became close friends until one fine Saturday I asked him to accompany me at the mall because I need to buy a gift for my niece and I was shocked because he said yes, I didn't missed that opportunity to go out with him and I texted you that we are going outside but I didn't told you who my bestfriend is. We we're roaming at the mall when Win suddenly called Luke and might misheard us because of the word 'love' it was the name of the bear plushy that we saw inside the mall. I don't know what came to his mind that day and he asked me to go to school with him everyday since he thought that I might disturbed you and I said yes because we also lived in one house. Monday came and I know you saw the both of us but you didn't seemed to care until I found out from Luke that you and Win are together that's when I thought that I should never bother to talk to you and help Luke fix his broken heart. I comforted him and confessed, at first I thought that he would leave me and feel disgusted but he stayed and I waited for him until now, we both love each other and we're really happy in each other's arms. Bright I'm really sorry if you feel like I just used you but believe me I treated you as a friend since I know you really cared about me." She looked so sad right now and I just can't help but to hug her but with no feelings attached, well maybe as a friend.

"We still can be friends right?" Earn said and I nodded saying that we still can be friends.

After a few minutes Earn decided that we should parted ways since she had to go to the mall to catch a film and wait for Luke there because they'll have a dinner at Luke's house.

"Bright would you mind to watch a movie with me today? Since it's still early and I guess you are free today?"

"As much as I want to Earn but I still have to go home and cook dinner for Win and I." I said

"You two are living together?"

"Yes, we're actually neighbors but I want to spend more time with him so I decided to live at his house."

"Oh hahaha then see you tomorrow then?"

"Yes see you."

And we finally both parted ways, I'm glad that we finally ended the almost-us-relationship and decided to remain as friends. While driving towards home I thought of what to cook later and checked the calendar; its almost December and our Family trip is almost near. Well every year or perhaps every December our family and Win's family has this 'tradition' that we'll going camping at the forest and have fun. I also don't know why're we doing that but I'm contented as long as I'll be with Win.

【𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝: A BrightWin Story】