Chapter 4

—Win Metawin—

I ended our chat, but after I turned off my phone, a notification from Twitter popped up on my phone with Gun's username on it.

Wait, what is he talking about? And Gulf also recently tweeted about this dumb guy who didn't notice the feelings of their boy—HOLY SHIT! Are they talking about me? God, I want to deactivate my account right now; this is so embarrassing

Wait, what is he talking about? And Gulf also recently tweeted about this dumb guy who didn't notice the feelings of their boy—HOLY SHIT! Are they talking about me? God, I want to deactivate my account right now; this is so embarrassing. What if Bright's friends found out that I have feelings for their friend? This is insane, and Bright just texted me. Wait, BRIGHT TEXTED ME?! Oh my god, this is bad. Guys, help me calm down. I think I'm just too overwhelmed by the situation!

•Bright•

Bright: Hey

Win: What?

Bright: are you angry?

Win: why would i be?

Bright: your text, you usually say "good evening" or anything. You just sound so sad or angry.

Win: Nah, I'm not, I'm really tired. Ya know first day of school.

Bright: yeah ik but your friends are weird.

Win: Why?

Bright: What did Gun mean when he said you deserved better? Do you have anyone special right now and you didn't tell me?

Win: No, it's not like that, Bright. You knew that I would tell you every single secret in my body, and if I had a special someone, you would be the first to know her. And about Gun, I also don't know what he's tweeting about. Maybe just a random quote, I guess?

Bright: Are you sure?

Win: yes dad.

Bright: okay kid get some sleep, goodnight.

Win: are we seriously still gonna call each other dad and kid? We're already in college😂

Bright: So what, we're going to call each other dad and kid for the rest of our lives, or maybe you want something else like babe?

Win: Oh Bright STFU! I'm gonna go to sleep now, Goodnight!

I turned off my phone with a smile on my face and drifted off to sleep. Please I hope tomorrow's gonna be a great day.

————

I woke up with a bright smile and an energetic feeling because of what Bright said yesterday, babe? Hmmm, not bad, joking aside. But seriously, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM LATER!

I did my morning routine, then went to the dining room to eat breakfast and went to Bright's house. I got lazy and didn't get the chance to buy his coffee and got sad, but I immediately said that we were dropping by Starbucks to buy his favorite coffee, and he grabbed his car keys and we immediately went to Starbuck's. The things he does for his precious coffee He told me that he wished that things would be great today, and I told him that I also did. He also told me that he hoped that Earn could join us later in going home, as if she's also near our subdivision. So I asked him if he knew where her house was, and he said that it was just a few blocks from us in the other subdivision. Okay, I take back what I just said: she's near our house, but so what if she's going to accept Bright's offer of joining us?

Bright also told me about his dreams last night, but I never listened because I was really focused on watching Lay's new comeback, "LIT." So if y'all don't know who Lay is, he's a member of a K-pop boy group called "EXO" and he is one of the most successful soloists in China that I really adore; he's my bias in EXO. We arrived at the school late because of the coffee that he bought and because Bright is really a slow driver nowadays. So we parted ways, and I hurriedly went inside of our room, and, thankfully, our teacher hasn't yet arrived. Gulf asked why I was in such a good mood, and I just answered that I and Bright went together here.

"Win, are you seriously okay?" Gun asked with a serious tone. Ofcourse I answered him,

"Yes I am really okay, what makes you think that I'm not?" I just really want this to be a great day, so no negativity for today please. And also Bright and Earn aren't even a couple so why would I be not okay?

Classes had started, and I just literally didn't listen to the teacher's lesson and just made a doodle at the back of my notebook that says "Bright ♡ Win." To y'all who are asking why I'm not afraid of doodling in my notebook, the reason is that teachers here never really check our notebooks, and also some students here or my classmates, including me, didn't want to share our notes with others, so that's why.

Our morning class ended at it's now time for our lunch.

"Guys, let's go to the cafeteria; I'm really hungry, and a sandwich can't fill up my tummy." Gun whined like a baby; to be honest, he's the softest one in our group and also the cutest, but he's really good at advising people about life.

"Yeah, sure, just let me pack up my stuff first and let's go." I said, and I immediately packed my things and headed outside to go to the cafeteria with Gun and Gulf. While walking with these two crazy people, Gulf spotted a boy and a girl happily eating at the cafeteria—it was Bright and Earn.

I literally want to go out of the cafeteria, but I'm so hungry, and I just couldn't let go of the food I bought, so I just sat there and ate my lunch silently while observing them. Bright is really handsome when smiling or laughing, and it's just so sad to think that I am not the reason behind that smile anymore because he's with that girl.

"Win, stop staring at them bcos you might get hurt and Earn's gonna melt." Gulf said, am I really that obvious?

"Who's hurt? I'm not hurt. Let's just eat." Okay, I know I lied. I just wished that he would invite me over lunch and not with that girl, I'm not hurt I'm just a lil bit jealous.

"What a liar, but you're right let's just eat our food." Gulf said, thank goodness he stopped mumbling.

We went back at our classroom and class continued. After a couple of hours listening to the boring discussion of the teacher, they finally dismissed us and I immediately went to the parking lot to see Bright without even saying goodbye to Gun and Gulf.

I immediately went to the parking lot and I saw two people standing at a car just talking and laughing, the other one saw me and waved his hand and the other one looked at me and smiled. I went closer with them and the guy said, "Win, you won't mind if Earn's gonna join us going home right?"

I was speechless. I want a great day, but why did this happen? Of course I told him that I wouldn't mind her joining us; I was just going to go to the passenger's seat when Bright immediately opened the door and let Earn sit there. I was left dumbfounded and couldn't move; that was my spot. The spot I owned for how many years

"Win just sit at the back seat for today hmmm? I'm trying to make a good impression to Earn and also you wouldn't mind if you would take the bus tomorrow right? I will pick up Earn tomorrow and make a move?" Bright said with a jolly tone, every word that escaped through his mouth slowly broke my heart into a thousand pieces.

"A-ah yeah sure, I'm a-a grown up now. i can handle things by myself and going to school on bus wouldn't be a problem." I smiled, but it was a painful one. I hurriedly sat on the back seat, put my earphones on, and drifted off to sleep without saying anything. I know it sounds rude to sleep and not introduce myself to her, but I just couldn't bear to see them talking so happily while Earn stole my spot. I don't want them to see my tears, so I just went to sleep.

Minutes passed, and Bright woke me up and said that we were already here. He even said that why did I sleep? I didn't get the chance to meet Earn, and I just said that my head hurt and went inside our house without saying thank you to him. I just can't look at him straight because if I did, he would see my eyes full of sadness.

I went on the bed and said the last words that escaped my mouth, Fuck this life.

【𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝: A BrightWin Story】