Chapter 6

—Win Metawin—

I woke up with a heavy feeling in my chest, and I remembered all the words that Bright said yesterday. I tried not to think about those scenarios yesterday, but they just keep lingering in my mind. I bet this will be the most painful year I'll encounter for the rest of my life, watching my best friend fall for someone else.

I got up feeling lazy and tired. I tried eating my breakfast, but in the end I just lost my appetite. I did all my usual morning routines with a gloomy feeling and went outside to buy coffee. I was literally in front of Starbucks when I remembered that I wouldn't be joining Bright today because he'd pick up Earn today. What a lucky girl! She's not only taking my spot in Bright's car but she also stole his heart quickly, which I couldn't do for almost two years.

I smiled bitterly outside the shop and went to the bus station to school. To be honest, I'm really not familiar with riding buses since I've been with Bright ever since, but I know I can go to school safely today. I waited there for minutes, and finally the bus arrived, and I quickly went inside to find a perfect spot near the window. I sat there and listened to some music when a guy just asked me if the other seat was already taken or not.

"Hey, Is this seat taken?"

"Nah, you can sit beside me."

"Cool, thanks."

I don't talk to that guy anymore because I just don't want to. I noticed his uniform was the same as mine, but I didn't mind it; maybe he's from another section or something. Minutes passed, and I was already at our university. I noticed that the guy also went down from the bus and walked towards our university. So I asked him.

"Hey, are you also from here?"

"Yes, I'm a transferee, actually. I just got my schedule last night and I'm at room 201; do you know where that is? And also, we have the same uniform, so I thought maybe we have the same course and department." Oh, another new classmate, I see.

"Yeah, we're classmates. I'm from room 201, and believe me, you'll love our classmates."

"Ah, I can't wait to meet everyone! By the way, what's your name?" Yeah, right. We've been chatting here for a while, yet we didn't know each other's names.

"I am Win, and you?"

"I'm Green, like green from a color, hahaha."

"Oh, then it's nice to meet you, Green!"

"You too!"

"Shall we go inside?"

"Yeah"

We went inside the university, and I accidentally looked at the parking lot where Bright usually parks his car, and I saw him with Earn walking silently. He saw me and waved at me, but I looked away and said to Green that we should walk faster because we're getting late even though it's still early.

I'm not avoiding him if that's what you're thinking; maybe a little, but I just don't want to see him finally tied up with another girl. I just can't bear to see them together. We finally arrived at our room, and I introduced Green to Gulf and Gun, and the two just looked at me confusedly and said, 'Is he the one you'll use to forget Bright? ' and I said to them, "No! Why would I do that, and besides, we just recently met at the bus?" and gladly, Green also spoke unexpected words.

"I already have a boyfriend, so nah."

WHY HAVE ALL THE PEOPLE I'VE BEEN FRIENDS WITH BEEN TAKEN?!! I HATE BEING SINGLE. CAN SOMEONE FIND ME A NEW ONE TO LOVE? just kidding. :(

And Gulf, being the 'Queen of Gossiping, asked Green who was his boyfriend, and I was even shocked when he said that it was Dim, the president of the music club! We are literally in a small, small world.

Not too long after, our teacher came inside our room and introduced Green in front of the class. He sat beside Gun, and later on he invited Green to eat lunch with us since he's still new here, and gladly he agreed because his boyfriend is also in a different building. We listened to the teacher's discussion because later on we will have a long quiz.

After that long-ass quiz, it's already lunch time. Yey foods!! The four of us went to the cafeteria to buy our lunch. Green helped me bring my lunch since I couldn't hold it because it was so heavy. We went to the table that Gulf had picked and sat there.

"So Win, how are you and Bright?" Gun started off the topic.

"Omg! So are we all gay for someone here?!" Green squealed like a teenager who was noticed by his crush.

"Yes, we are all gay for someone here, but the difference between us and Win is that they have neither commitment nor closure about their relationship", Gulf added.

"Oh, that's kind of sad", Green said.

"Nothing's new; we're still friends", I said, and I didn't mind the next thing they said because I'm really hungry.

"By the way, who is Bright? Is he also from our faculty?" Green asked.

"Nah, oh, he's here. Do you see that guy over there holding a tray?" Gulf said, smirking at me.

"Oh, is that Bright? But why is he with a girl?" Green asked. I didn't even dared to think twice about answering that damn question; I knew clearly who that girl was.

"That's Earn, the one he likes." I answered them and left our table, and they all looked so shocked. I don't want to be a crying baby in front of them, so I immediately went to the rooftop so that no one else could see my pain. I don't want to be a loser, but now I really am one.

【𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝: A BrightWin Story】