Chapter 5

—Bright Vachirawit—

I woke up and did my usual routine, and I saw Win outside our house. I was so excited because he was there because of the coffee, but when I met him outside, he wasn't holding any coffee. I got sad, but gladly he said that we could drop off at Starbucks, and the result? I got my coffee, but we're late to school. So we immediately parted ways, and I went to my room. I am really lucky because my teacher isn't yet here, so I have time to talk with Earn.

"Hey." I started the conversation.

"Hi Bright, you're drinking coffee again?"

"Hahaha yeah, by the way, wanna eat lunch with me later?" I asked out of the blue. Please say yes.

"Yes, sure." She did say yes, and I hope she'll also say yes to my proposal soon.

Our teacher came in, and our class finally started. Hours passed, and finally it was lunch time. Me and Earn hurriedly went to the cafeteria, for we are already hungry and we need tables to sit at.

We ordered our lunch and ate it happily. I think we are already on the 'get to know you' stage, and I'm really happy that she's sharing facts about herself without a doubt. It feels like heaven when you know that she trusts you.

"Earn, do you know that your house is just a few blocks away from mine?" I blatantly said. 

"Yes why?" She said without looking at me.

"D-do you want to go home with me and my best friend later? I'll give you a free lift."

"Your best friend won't mind, right?" She asked, but this time while looking at me. 

"Nah, he wouldn't. He's the best." Oh sh*t, what did I just say?! I mean, he's really the best friend you could have. Why should I be shy about it? He should be praised even though he didn't know it.

"You must be lucky to have a friend like him; by the way, what's his name?" Earn asked. Are we really going to talk about Win right now? I said to myself

"His name is Win, and we've been best friends since we were kids—too long, isn't it? I didn't really remember how we became one, but it just happened, and the next thing we knew, we were inseparable." I smiled while sharing all the beautiful moments that I remembered, and sometimes I just couldn't stop laughing at the crazy stuff we've been doing before. And before we two knew it, we were the center of attention in the whole cafeteria because of our loud voices, but I didn't mind as long as I was with Earn.

"So, Earn, are you joining us or not?"

"Sure, as long as it's free, hahaha, just kidding."

"Nah, it's not. HAHAHAH Just Kidding. Again." She almost made a sad face. What a cutie. I noticed that Win and his friends are just 3 tables away from us. I wanted to greet them, but Win looked so down, and Gulf is glaring at me. What did I do? Did something wrong happen? Why is Gulf glaring at me like I've made a serious mistake? Nah, I'll just ask Win later.

"Bright, let's go to our classroom; it's almost time." Earn suddenly spoke, and I nodded as a sign that I agreed to her statement. We walked together towards our room, and as we walked by, other students were mumbling or screaming, 'Are they together? They are literally a fit for each other. 'I wish I was Earn so I could also date Bright too.' They are so perfect for each other'. Ah, how I wish we were together right now. I smiled at what people were saying.

"Bright, why are you smiling like a fool?" She asked while chuckling.

"Other people think that we're a couple, and they think that we're also perfect for each other. Hahahah, don't you agree?" I said jokingly.

"Bright, you're such a clown; c'mon, let's go inside. And maybe we are." She smiled, and I was left there dumbfounded. 'Maybe we are'? Perfect for each other? Aahhh, this is crazy! I went inside after that and smiled widely at Earn, and she did the same. I sat at my usual place, and Off gave me a meaningful look, like he was teasing me or something. He then asked,

"What's with you and Earn today? Are you already dating?" Tsk, as expected from him. He would definitely ask.

"Shh, lower your voice! We're still not yet a thing, but I know we're getting there soon. I'll drive her home later."

"Wow, you two are making progress! But how about Win? Does he know everything about what you've been doing?"

"Yes, and I think he's okay with that."

"I don't think so."

"Huh?"

"Huh? Oh, wait what? Ah, nevermind." What is Off mumbling? Weird.

I just didn't mind what Off had said and just listened to the teacher's discussion. We had two quizzes, and then later on, the teacher had already dismissed us. Earn and I immediately went to the parking lot and waited for Win.

"Earn, I'm very sure you'll like him; he's very jolly and easy to be with." I started our conversation for us not to be bored since Win still isn't here.

"I also hope he likes me too."

"Of course he will; I liked you first, so I know if he would like you too or not," I said smoothly.

"You're really crazy!" She smacked me in the arm jokingly, and we laughed so hard until I noticed a figure walking towards us. It was Win.

He walked towards us closer, and I said, "Win, you won't mind if Earn's going to join us going home, right?". I know he'll say yes; he's very supportive of every decision I make. I introduced him to Earn, and they smiled at each other, and I think that's a good sign that he likes her. I immediately opened the passenger's seat and made Earn sit there.

I know it's usually Win's spot, and I also told him that I'll be picking up Earn starting tomorrow, and I'm glad he's okay with it. I started driving; I wanted Earn and Win to talk, but Win fell asleep fast, so I just let him be and talked with Earn instead. Minutes passed, and we were in front of Earn's house.

"Thank you for driving me home."

"No probs, so see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, goodnight, Bright, and stay safe on the road."

"Good night, Earn." She smiled and went inside her house.

I went back to my car and saw Win peacefully sleeping. How could a man be this beautiful while sleeping? I started the engine and drove off to Win's house.

"Win, wake up; we're already at your house." I slowly tried waking up Win, and he whined like a little kid.

"Hmmmm," and the way he made those little noises made me smile.

"Why did you fall asleep? You didn't get the chance to know Earn."

"I'm sorry, I got a headache. I'm going inside. Thank you for the last ride." He smiled weakly without even looking me in the eye and went straight to his house. I also went home and thought about what happened just now.

I am happy that finally me and Earn are getting closer and are finally making progress, but why is my best friend slowly drifting apart from me?

【𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝: A BrightWin Story】