Chapter 3

Maddie's POV:

"Alright, game plan. Allie and Maddie, you guys get sweet snacks, me and Riley will get salty snacks, we meet in the fresh food section and get 'real' food together," Cayden announced. This was our usual plan for shopping for movie snacks.

Just as he finished, I darted for the candy. 

"So, whaddya wanna choose?" Allie said from behind me. 

I scanned the shelves and started loading Jolly Ranchers, caramel, taffy, cotton candy, chocolate, Twix, Air Heads, Warheads, gum, and even more stuff into Allie's arms. 

"Girl, how are you planning to eat all this in one flight?" Allie said, her arms beginning to tremble from the weight. 

"The main flight's 6 hours, with another one lasting 3, and we're flying overnight, which means we're probably gonna watch a movie or two, and we can share with the others," I replied, still scanning the shelves. Where are the jumbo Twizzlers?

Allie paused when I found it. "All of us hate Twizzlers."

She was right. The Twizzlers were for T&M's bodyguard (aka me and Riley's bodyguard), Chuck.

"Eh, we can make a rope and tie the boys up if they get annoying," I replied. Hey, not a lie.

Allie laughed. "True. Hey, you have to carry some, too!"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine." I loaded most of it onto my arms. "Go pick some other sweet snacks. We'll need soda, VitaminWater for Riley, chocolate covered pretzels, donuts, Lucky Charms, cookies, mini fruit pies, pop tarts . . ."

Allie grabbed each one as I listed them.

"Ooh, and ice cream." 

Allie groaned. "Maddie, we'll be on the plane."

I sighed. "Fine."

Cayden's POV:

We'd gotten a bunch of chips, cheese puffs, and other salty snacks, but our snack stash seemed downright minuscule when we saw how much snacks the girls had put together. Maddie was carrying so much that I couldn't see the top of her head. 

Riley laughed. "Madds, it's a wonder you haven't tripped yet," he said.

Maddie growled. "Shut up," she said, throwing a bag of caramel at him. He caught it one-handed. 

"Want some help?" I said, rushing to take some off of Maddie's pile.

"Better yet, how 'bout a cart?" a voice said from behind us. A boy in a grocer's uniform rolled a shopping cart towards Maddie. 

We dumped all the snacks in. "Thanks," Maddie said, smiling at the guy. I growled softly under my breath. Wait, why am I growling?

The boy smiled back. "No problem!"

Maddie turned back to us. "Okay, 'real' food."

Riley walked towards the frozen food section. "Ice cream?"

Maddie turned to Allie. "See? He knows what I'm talking about!"

I rolled my eyes. "Ice cream isn't real food."

"Yes, it is," Riley and Maddie said in unison. 

"Guys, let's just get some pizza, sandwiches, and maybe some muffins. We have enough snacks," I scolded. 

"Fine, but ice cream doesn't count as a snack. It's a dairy product, which means it's real food," Maddie said, fist-bumping Riley. 

"Yeah, what she said," Riley added. Allie smacked him.

After getting another arm-load of food, we checked out. The boy from before gave us 3 big bags, and we walked out of the store. 

Riley's POV:

"With that much food, it's no wonder Maddison is so fat," Cameron said as we met back with the rest of the class.

"Please, Maddie is nowhere near fat," Allie said.

"She's so fit, I bet she could beat Brandon in arm wrestling," I added. 

"No way, I'd definitely beat her," Brandon protested. 

Maddie smirked. "Bring it on," she said, sitting at a small table.

Brandon sat down. 

"What is she doing, she's gonna embarrass herself," Allie whispered.

I grinned. "Just watch," I whispered. 

What the rest of the class didn't know was that Maddie and I had to work out daily due to the whole T&M thing. 

The rest of the class's jaws dropped along with Cayden's and Allie's as Maddie slammed Brandon's fist down on the table.

"I win," Maddie announced. 

"How- Maddie!" Brandon shouted. 

Maddie shrugged. "I work out sometimes."

Brandon laughed. "Nice, Madds. You are so on my team next time we play sports." He got up.

I came, sat down where Brandon had, and raised my forearm. "Bring it on," I challenged, meeting Maddie's green gaze.

She frowned. "I beat you last time," she protested. 

"Only cause you tickled me!" I protested.

She groaned.

I snorted. "Rematch."

Maddie rolled her eyes and clasped my hands. 

"3... 2... 1... go!" Alex said, counting us off. 

Maddie narrowed her eyes and pressed against my hand. 

I did the same, and it looked like I was winning until Maddie shouted, "Like what you see, Allie?" She pointed to my arm with her spare hand. That distracted me, and she slammed our joined hands on the table. 

"Hey," I protested. She crossed her arms and fist-bumped Alex. 

"Alright, class, time to board the plane, it's 8:30 PM!" Miss Martin said, passing out our plane tickets. 

Twelve minutes later, our whole class was on the plane.

A/N: I can definitely relate to Maddie at the beginning of the chapter, :P